Wanna know why most WC is considered a joke? Here's why.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Infrazael, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

We're British :) we don't care about any italian thing. It's beneath us

2. Russ_1UK

Russ_1UK Valued Member

Maybe because there isn't one? I imagine some people passionately believe in British identity. Others are desperate to become part of Europe. Others think that total devolution is the way to go and the English should let the other parts of the UK "just get on with it." Its a complex question, I'm afraid.

Maybe if we can answer it, we can also answer why most consider Wing Chun a Joke ;-)

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You may be but you certainly are wrong in continuing to make multiple, consecutive posts instead of learning about the wonderful world of paragraphs and organised thought, despite repeated warnings.

Have 3 days to think about it.

Mitch

4. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Lol... the wonderful world of paragraphs. Gold.

5. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Lol spend some time in scotland. It's been over 300 years since Scotland became part of the United Kingdom and people still bang on about independence.

6. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Let's make this easy. There is only one race, human and it spread across the world from Africa.

Now, as to tribes,clans, religions, gender, nationalities and all the other ways we tend to group ourselves (fans of football teams?!?) you can get advanced degrees in studying that and it still won't make any sense.

Now, back to bashing, errr.......discussing the um.......merits(?) of wing chun.

I used to do wing chun and I never got a clear answer as to why the knock knee'd goat riding stance, at least one that made sense.

And why would you want to ride a goat anyway?

They never mention it but I really think opium had a BIG influence on the development of Wing Chun. And I mean smoking it, not the business side of it.

7. Master Betty

I dunno man. I'm halfway through Ip Man right now and if learning Wing Chun lets me defy the laws of physics then I wanna learn it too!

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Right... this thread is definitely circling the drain. Those of you one the anti-WC side have made your point and right about now you're flapping your gums just because you can and feeling very clever about yourselves.

If you don't have anything new or substantial to add I suggest you stop posting. You're not adding anything of value. If you haven't made your point and gotten it across at 51 pages into this ridiculous thread then the problem is more likely you and your inability to know when to call it a day than it is WC or anything else.

If you haven't got anything of substance to post then don't. Last warning.

9. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Slip, this thread died a long time ago.

Although isn't 50 or so pages about right for a Wing Chun thread before it gets shut down?

10. Master Betty

Wing Chun is an anagram of "Winch Gun".

With "winch" meaning "to kiss" in British slang, it then can be approximated to mean "Kiss Gun". Though the term "winch" can also mean, if referring to the stem-powered winch or logging engine, "Steam Donkey". In short, Steam Donkey Gun, which sounds like the most awesomist martial art ever devised by man.

The alternate spelling "Wing Tsun" however, offers far more variety on the anagram front with such delectable tidbits as: Swing Nut, Wing Nuts, Wing Stun, Twig Nuns, Stung Win, Guns Twin and Snug Twin. Fascinating.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Was just thinking the same thing as I catch up reading. Theres sensible debate and theres just flapping.

Playtimes now over on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.