Wales

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mixitup, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Considering it is such a small country, with a small population there seems to be a lot of Martial Artists. Locally we have a large choice of M/A's and you can't move for TAGB clubs. Why is this?

Good place for a Welsh Check-in

2. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

There is another (old) thread for this, do a search.

I don't think Wales has a disproportionate number of martial artists. It's just that Saz is Welsh and clearly puts something in the water to bring us all here.

3. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Check!

Yes there are a lot of clubs around. The majority being kickboxing in Cardiff, but there are quite a few others. I think I saw wing chung a little out from the centre, might still go along and have a look. Kung fu and aikido in the university seem to be popular as well.
    There's also a style near me I used to go to, bujin rye (may not be spelt correctly) that was a style of sword fighting. Very nice group!

4. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

Round here it's either that or chasing sheep, not much of a choice...

5. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Maybe your right the check in only lasted 20 posts

6. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Cardiff me. We do seem to have a good population-members ratio sorta thing.

7. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Cos' we're hard and like to kick english butt. :D

8. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Up where I am, there is a lot of different Martial Art clubs, from Bxing to Juujutsu, Karate, Bujinkan Taijutsu, Wing Chun, JKD, etc. There is also a lot of streetfighting upp here too :Alien:

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

When I lived in Caerphilly there was a lot more choice than Bridgend.

You can barely move for Kyokushinkai in South Wales though! there's loads of clubs around.

10. Taliesin

Taliesin Valued Member

Ahhh, takes me back - I grew up in Bridgend and can remember going to a karate club in the Rec' a few times in the late '70s, other than that there used to be a good boxing club and a judo club in Porthcawl :D