WAKO 2007 British Championships in Nottingham

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by mjn, Jan 3, 2007.

1. mjn

mjn Valued Member

Hope you're all going :)

Just watch out for the extremely good looking fighter in the mens under 84kgs section!! :D

2. ta dahh!

ta dahh! Valued Member

Stupid Question but..

Do you need to be joined to a WAKO affiliated club in order to complete at their fights?

Cheers

3. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

No they are open to anyone
    However, the squad selection ,.. that isnt always decided by who wins on the day

4. Isn't everyone who gets to the semis invited to squad selection for the actual team?

5. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

Which discipline are you talking about? Semi/L-con of FC?

Anyway im not getting into politics :p

LOL

You have a PM by the way

6. I assumed all of them were the same? I know that when I competed it was anyone who got to the semis was invited to squad training sessions.

7. M@Robson

M@Robson New Member

What is the exact date of this and where in nottingham? i would like to come and watch a competition as i want to start competing this year and i think it would be wise to come and watch so i can see exactly what happens.

8. Light continuous and full contact are on the Saturday (17th feb)
    Semi contact and musical forms are on the Sunday (18th feb)M

It's at the Harvey Hadden sports centre in Nottingham.

www.wakogb.co.uk

9. M@Robson

M@Robson New Member

cheers, i will be there as a spectator.

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Musical forms?! :eek:

11. Indeed.. WAKO do full, light & semi contact, musical forms and aerokickboxing :p

Whatever floats your boat.

12. StevC

StevC New Member

Yep, if I can make it

13. I will be competing :D

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I know this isn't the same comp,so apologies,but is anyone competing at the "Judgement Day" Wako comp in Sheffield?

My club is looking to go,and we just wondered if you have to be affiliated? I know the post above says you don't for the Nottingham one ,but just wonder if it's the same for the Sheffield one in April?

Hello btw,not posted in the kickboxing area before. :)

15. Is it a light continuous comp, full contact, or semi? I'm not going, but as our club is affiliated to WAKO I can find out if you want.

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It was semi we were looking at as individuals and the team event,plus the forms.

Thanks

17. M@Robson

M@Robson New Member

can anyone tell me what time the adult competitions begin? i see that adult registration closes at 11:30 so would it be safe to assume that it will start propmptly after that?

18. relish

relish Valued Member

I think after registration they have an hour or so to sort out the match-ups on paper incase people don't come etc.. Doubt it'd be long after though.

19. Truth be told, I don't think they know themselves. Adult registration ends at 11:30, so I'd imagine they already have the pre-registered fighters on pool sheets and will add people on as they register up 'till 11:30. However I'd have thought that the kids stuff would start before that, so if you get there at ~11:30 you should be happy :)

20. M@Robson

M@Robson New Member

ok well i will see you lot there then, not sure how i will identify you but i will be wearing my Prostyle kickboxing shirt. :)