W. Silva to UFC!!!

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by callsignfuzzy, Aug 18, 2007.

1. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Can't help it, I'm psyched.

Source

2. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

omg how sick ulehhhh

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Moved to Fight Discussions
    Awesome news. The new org and camp will hopefully benefit Wanderlei a lot and we can see him whomp on someone. I'd like to see him get a warm-up or two before Chuck, just to hype the fight a little more and get him used to the arena

4. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

i saw pictures of him training with randy. is that his new camp? or was he just training with him for a visit?

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I'm personally not happy about this. :bang:

The UFC is going to destroy pride as we know it. I prefer pride.

6. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Pride is dead anyhow.

One thing i'd like to know though, do you think that Wanderlei would still be pride champ if his fight against Hendo was in Japan with the 10 minute rounds? Hendo looked pretty rocked at the end of the round, don't think he'd have lasted another 5 minutes without a break.

7. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Well, being that both Hendo and Silva are fighting in the UFC now, we may just have a re-match in the making. Of course, you won't get the 10 minute rounds, but hey, at least Silva will have a chance to revenge his loss (or maybe, loose again). This will be fun to watch. Silva's got "bad blood" with so many of the fighters in the UFC now, it could be one powerhouse match after another.

8. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

It's sad that Pride is dead...I loved Pride. I think if the fight was in Japan, Wandy would have still been champ.

9. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

he brings more competition to the light hvy weight divison :)

10. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I am happy that he's in the UFC but I know what you mean. I also much prefered Pride, the crowd, the match ups, the commentaters, the tournaments, the fireworks, the drums, the lack of Dana White, the rules, the respect etc etc. However Pride is already destroyed, even if they bring it back (which is looking increasingly doubtful) it won't be the same, too many of the fighters have left and the rules would be different. This is the end of an era and its sad.

There are some very interesting match ups happening in the UFC now and thats a consolation prize for me, I'm glad I can still watch rampage, shogun, wandy etc but I definitely see where you're coming from.