virtua fighter

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by karate P.belt 2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

I just got virtua fighter 4 evo and it is awsome I'm loving it. I do wish you could interact with you're enviroment a little more but it is still awsome. let me ask this though: am I the ONLY one who can't use akira well? whenever I use him I can't string together a combo for my life (which it generally costs me) I keep finding 1 or 2 hit combos that leave him defensless at the end

P.S. who's counting down the minutes till tekkengod comes here and rants about how "ViRtUa FiGhTeR SUCKS LOLZ cause tekken is the pwnzorz" this time?

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It won't be long ;)
    Akira's a character that more seasoned players tend to prefer as you need a pretty strong grasp of the game before you're able to use him well. Once you can use him, however, he's very dangerous. Can you say SPOD?! :D Most newer players go for Jackie as his combos are pretty easy and he's very well balanced
    Personally, I'm a Lei Fei player, but I like Brad, Goh, Sarah and Lau as well

3. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

sarah lei and jacky al the way for me

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Akira is by far the most effective character if you use him properly. But he's certainly not easy to use.

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Ya know to be honest, i wasn't even gonna get in on this one :) BUT now that Tekken has been mentioned i have to atleast let it be known that i AM WATCHING! :yeleyes:

Just for the record, VF is NO WHERE NEAR as horrible as DOA, be proud of that. :p

6. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

lol, just when i was about to doubt that you would comment :D

7. geves

geves Valued Member

huge fan of this series. :love:

i think sever hit the nail right on the head on this one.

i play akira, goh, and shun.

akira IMHO is much easier with an arcade stick. i think all fighting games should be played with an arcade stick. the sad thing is that they are expensive as crap man. :eek: price of a game for one of these babies and that's for crappy ones :cry:

oh well. i've still seen people in tourneys who do awesome with a PS2 controller. you got to stick with akira for awhile to get good go with him.

good thing for you that VF has the best tutorial in the world. they should start you off with some nice complicated combos that you won't be able to do :D

that knee of his where you release guard after 1 frame is a pain to learn. i still ahve nightemares and a broken controller because of it :bang:

8. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

yeah i like the game, street fighter is better though IMO

9. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Endings? How do you get endings?

10. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

Can't beat the kid!!

No, that's not child abuse. I save that for class ;)

I picke up virtua fighter 4 evo for my son and I a week ago and he whoops my butt everytime. Any suggestions, combos or characters can use to possibly get on the same playing ground as a 12 year old kid? I don't have as much time to play it as he does so the time I do - oh boy.

A little help would be great!

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

You're in a tough spot there, mate. VF is a game that requires quite a lot of time and practise to get good at it. However, because I love to see kids lose, I'll do what I can to help you out :D
    Step 1: Get him out of the house for a period of time. Do it how you will, but sending him to granny's for the weekend would be a good choice
    Step 2: Same for the Missus. Give her your credit card and tell her she doesn't have enough shoes or something ;)
    Step 3: So, now you have the place to yourself for a period of time. I hope you didn't let Little TKDragon take the PS2 with him. Now boot up VF4, go to the training section and go through it all, quite a few times. I'd recommend Jackie for your character choice; as I said above, he's a good pick for a beginner, his combos are pretty easy and his stats are well balanced. Spend ages working on the combos, then play the computer a bit.
    Step 4: When Little TKDragon comes home (preferably tired from a long journey, maybe shot with tranquilisers, do what you've gotta do), call him out at the game and WIN! Then announce your retirement from competitive VF playing so you can leave him knowing that you've got the last win - it'll really eat at him :D My dad did the same to me with Street Fighter 2 on the SNES and the whole week that he wouldn't play me again really got to me, even though I'd beaten him fifty thousand more times
    Good luck :)

12. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

LOL :D Good advise Sever! I think the traquilizer trick might work on multiple occasions.

13. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

How do you get endings?

14. Jim Sorensen

Jim Sorensen Valued Member

The game was interesting for a few weeks, up until I practiced like hell with Jackie and beat any character at any difficulty level. :bang:

Then it fell victim to being the same all the time. Why would I choose any other character if I could always win with Jackie?

15. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Because 2 player is far better and because the other characters are more rewarding.

By the way, does anyone know where I could get hold of a copy of vf4 evolution? I can't find it anywhere, I'm having to stick with the normal version!

16. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

17. backkickgurl

backkickgurl New Member

try ebay thats ya best bet

18. backkickgurl

backkickgurl New Member

my boyfriend just got the game its not to bad its good after a few drinks anyway