Vince Black

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Crucible, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experiance with Vince Black or anyone who's trained underneath him and would be willing to relate their experiances, Thanks!

2. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

Crucible,

I'm not sure if we've corresponded about Vince Black, so if this is repetitious information please forgive me!

I train under two of Vince Black's friends and have met him on a few occasions. I've heard Tom Bisio, who many consider one of the best Xing Yi and Ba Gua teachers in the United States say in his usual modest manner that Vince is "heads and shoulders above me in ability" both in Chinese internal arts and Chinese medicine. Bill Schettino, who trained in Kajukenbo under Sijo Emperado when Sijo was living with Vince in San Diego, has nothing but nice things to say about Vince. Vince is a GM in Kajukenbo Emperado Method.

Vince trained with many Chinese teachers both in Taiwan and the People's Republic of China, and founded the North American Tang Shou Association as a vehicle to conduct research about Chinese internal martial arts. He has written a book about Li Zi Ming's Ba Gua Zhang system and the forward to Tim Cartmel's book about Wang Ji Wu's Xing Yi Nei Gong system; there are also articles by or about Vince Black to be found in the CD ROM edition of the complete back issues of the now defunct Ba Gua Journal published by Dan Miller. You could also go to Tom Bisio's website (www.tombisio.com) to see an article about Ba Gua Zhang instruction that has some background information about Vince.

Best,

Steve Lamade

3. weepingpalm

weepingpalm New Member

funny thing i came across this post, i asked the same question in reference to sifu black on another forum because i was looking for training in az. i havent met him, hear hes retired now and not taking students but i could be wrong. i havent had any contact with any students of his but from what i hear hes the real thing. a very genuine person.
    tell me, where are you from, as long as you know sifu black is in az, i wonder if you are as well?

4. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

I'm from East Northport, NY. I'm a student of Tom Bisio's in NYC (see my webpage, below (phone number's been changed).