Villaris/Ussdbreakoffs

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Red J

Red J New Member

A good front kick comes in handy. For all those that are playing at home, #6 is a front kick. Variations include thrust, downward thrust, snap, instep, etc. Targets knees, bladder, hip joint, ribs, solar, etc. There is no arguing that this is a MA staple in every system.

Oh, and I have used this as well in a confrontation many years ago with a clown trying to box me. He didn't want anything to do with me after that. :D

2. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

When you guys start talking in #'s I get lost...all our techniques have "names" not numbers, so ya lose me there...I know what a front kick is, no idea what a dms 1-21 are...

I agree with akja, ya practice the techniques as intended, but I still don't think in the choas of an evolving fight, that many would actually ever be completed, of course, the more you practice them, the fater you can do them, which I guess would give you that much better of a chance of completing it, I still would never count on it...pulling off a technique like, well, one we have called "Dance of Death" that feels like it takes 5 minutes (though in reality probably 10 seconds) would probably never work in a fight, but there are little chunks of it that are very effective, and would likely be useful by themselves...

3. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

whatever works. shaolin defensive maneuver #6 is just a front kick to the abs or groin. make sure you are on a steady surface when you do it. i agree that the more complex techniques won't be used all the way through. you just have to use whatever happens to be a good choice at the time.

4. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

OH, cool, I know Shaolin defense manuever #6 and didn't even realize it :) heck, I even practice it a lot...how about that! :)

5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I find that in the years of me practicing self defense sets, I tend to combine the many with each other rather than just rely on any one particular technique over another. Just my 2 cents ;)

6. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

I like your answer the best.

7. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

to the SOLAR PLEXUS ya yellow belt! sheesh

8. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

solar plexus-abs-groin-face-legs....somewhere in that direction :)

9. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

It is not just a kick to the solar plexus, look at the post from Red J

This is the way it's taught in most SKK systems since most of them came from the same place. I have learned variations on all of my combinations, that is the essence of Kempo. What if your opponent has his hands on guard, and his elbows are in tight and you can't hit the solar plexus? Red J listed a few other targets, in Kempo we have so many options and Kempo can adapt to any situation. It also depends on the scenario, if I want them away from me I do the kick to the upper body to create distance. If I want them to stay near me so I can follow the kick with something else then I do the kick to the knee, or a snap kick to the groin. ( this should sound familiar since it is in #8 & 9)

I am not sure if I would call a kick to the solar plexus useless, when I spar my instructor and I drop my hands he will land that kick and all my wind is gone. This is a great reminder not to drop your hands. It is also a great weapon in sparring, along with the side kick since there is no padding on the bottom of your foot. ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  10. Dominic13

Dominic13 New Member

I'm sorry, but you still have no idea what you're talking about. Master Pearl left the USSD orginazation in the early 1980's. ASSK never actually existed in San Diego, you are imagining things. He never had anything to do with the lawsuits or any other troubles, he left because he didnt want to be a part of it anymore.

You can say what you want on the internet, but i haven't talked to anyone who has ever said anything bad about my dojo or any dojo in the ASSK. Everyone is completely satisfied, and i learn something new every day. Everything they teach us is true, and works. Everyone there always has a positive attitude towards everyone else. Its a very great environment.

Despite your bad experiences, please just keep it to yourself. Noone wants to hear about it. Whatever it was it has been over for 20+ years. If it was so bad why did you bother to stay and go beyond blackbelt? We thank you for your opinions, but again, keep it to yourself. I have more than 300 people and their families that would beg to differ from your views on the ASSK, and i dont think one person having a bad day on the internet is going to change a great thing such as the ASSK.

Thank you,
    -Dominic

11. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

hmmm

I am joining the party late and have no stake in the race but...

Dominic- It appears that you have 6 months of training under your belt with this school, is that right? Maybe a bit premature and closed minded to shut someone down doncha think?

Everyone thinks their mom is the greatest cook you know...

The fact that you have the word Shaolin hyphenated caught my attention---

12. Dominic13

Dominic13 New Member

If you bothered to take a look at the official ASSK website you would find the word shaolin put in that form several times. It isn't improper in any way. My point was simply that I train with a great sensei, and also under Master Pearl himself, I hate to see them getting bashed on the internet based on premature thoughts and opinons.

13. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

ok

Dominic- Gotcha... I have never seen Shaolin hyphenated (small-forrest) maybe? My bad on that...

As to your training, if you enjoy and value it then that is what matters--Just keep your wits about you was all I was saying-

14. John Christian

John Christian New Member

Then...

your doing it right. When wired in they should all flow. No one can pull off complex tech's real time or is supposed to.

15. TenTigers

TenTigers Valued Member

shaolin,shao-lin,xiao-lin, sao-lim,siu-lum,sil lum,siu-lam,all the same, all equally correct.
    Remember, you are phoneticizing a chinese character. (actually two characters) There is no correct method, unless you get picky and go with standardized pinyin romanization of manderin.

16. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

BWAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAAA!

ASSK never existed in San Diego? And there were no lawsuits against ASSK?!!!?? Ok, clearly you know best with your whopping six months of experience. It seems Pearl has sunk to a new low denying he was ever in the city. So do care to ask him who Traci Takaki, Paul Palitino, Duke Windsor, Feliz Issarelli, "master" Fredachelli, Brian Baggness and Bob Czarnouski are then, as they all either owned or operated schools down here. But wait, they didn't exist, along with their schools, I must still be hallucinating still eh? Tell ya what kid, do your homework before you pop off, you have no clue.

17. natkungfu

natkungfu Valued Member

Not a big fan of villaris or united studios.
    They are the mcdojo of the highest order.

18. Dominic13

Dominic13 New Member

I meant that you were mistaken ASSK for USSD. USSD did exsist in san diego, ASSK did not. But you still never anwsered my question. If things were so bad why did you bother to stay with them and go beyond blackbelt. You would have to be a pretty good person to go that far. I have seen very few blackbelts in the whole orginazation. And they are all instructors, only 2 of them are under 30 years of age.

How about you give me your first name? Im sure they would recognize it if you truly went that far in their system. Or try to give me some way to verify that you actually did these things you claim.

Or perhaps call my very own dojo, and talk to master pearl's oldest student Scott Miller. Besides, this topic started with someone asking how many breakoffs there were from Villari. You chose to bring back long dead issues with USSD/ASSK. If you didnt actual students of Master Pearl arguing with you. Maybe you shouldnt have brought it up in the first place.

19. natkungfu

natkungfu Valued Member

Why did Master Pearl leave Fred villaris? Did He train with Fred ?

I am not trying to start a war.

20. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

You just keep on missing it don't you smart guy? YES American Schools of Shao Lin Kempo DID exist in San Diego. There were five schools here as a matter of fact, run by the instructors I mentioned in my last post. I'll tell you what kid, I'll provide irrefutable proof that not only was ASSK down here (though it certianly is no more, it was all but run out of town), but also that I recieved my black belt from them in the form of my Black Belt Certificate signed in San Diego, by Master Pearl himself. I'm sure you've seen that signiture before what with Pearl's penchant for signing belts, and just about anything else he can. I'll post a photo of it, on the condition that when I do, you admit you are horribly misled and agree to permanently change your user name to "DumberThanCotton".

As to why I stayed with ASSK as long as I did, the answer is the same reason you can't accpet reality about the organization. I was decieved. At first, like you, I had the wool completely pulled over my eyes as to the type of people Pearlswig and his cohorts were. As I went on, I learned, but kept going anyway, not wanting to believe what was in front of my face. Finally, I got so disgruntled with their business practices and the very poor quality of people they had running their organization I left. I'm sure the same will happen to you in time.