Video

Discussion in 'Karate' started by bonita, Jul 14, 2007.

1. bonita

bonita Valued Member

Here's a video of one of my Sensei's

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzgAaOxC-Dc"]Sensei-Guro T. Kent Nelson - YouTube[/ame]

2. Axelton

Axelton Valued Member

Cool, heres a cookie.

3. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Nice one Bonita :)

4. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

my only question is where is the intent on the punches from the uki? and where is the second punch? just seems awful nice to punch so slow and then leave his arm out there while the other guy does about 5 or 6 things with his hands before the take down.. there is no off balancing and nothing preventing from an attempt of a second strike by the uki.

But maybe it makes more sence in the training than on the video

edit: The last 90 or 120 seconds I think is a bit more impressive, a couple of the clips where one punch then a quick no nonesence takedown.

The sticky hands type stuff is cool very quick, as well as the set weapons movements.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Are you sure this belongs in karate? It looked like mainly silat with a bit of Kempo-ey stuff?

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Well I'm thinkin because her school is mainly Shorin ryu....and what's wrong with kempoy stuff? :p

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Nothing, but this is the karate forum and there is a kempo forum! :)

8. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

Pretty cool. Some of it was overly-complex for me, and uke certainly didn't get a fair response to most of it, but there were a handful of drills there that I will be borrowing for our training tomorrow.

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Coolio stuff.

10. bonita

bonita Valued Member

He's got several styles he practices, but considers himself a karate guy--yes he's a shorin ryu guy.

11. TigerDude

TigerDude Valued Member

I thought it was pretty much established that there is no point to a 7 step response, even for a drill. I think I counted 12 steps on one, all with the opponent's arm just sticking out. Heck, if the guy's just gonna stand there no skill is even needed.