Video :: Royce vs. Akebono

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Dec 31, 2004.

1. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

his MMA record on Sherdog is 10-0-0...man that IS good! :eek:

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

His 10 - 0 - 0 (official record) isn't that good in comparison to alot of other pro fighters.(Like Jeremy horn for example)

But apparently, Rickson has an unofficial record of 400+ wins, and 0 losses; which includes alot of his older fights in Brazil.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  3. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

That's unbelievable!...how can he not loose one match...amazing! :eek:

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Some people believe it to be false, or slightly exadurated; I don't know what to believe, he's been doing Jujitsu all his life, and started competing at the age of 6.

Either way, he's an awsome grappler!

Here's a quick video 12 second video of him tapping out a Judo blackbelt if your interested.

Rickson vs Judo Blackbelt - 1.33Mb

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

You have to take into account what bob sapp did to him.
    Thanks for the link. I'm currently tryng to watch as much MMA as possible inbetween training sessions.
    God, imagine having akebono on top of you :eek: The sheer size of the dude takes a bit of believing.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Eh?

What?

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Didn't sapp maul akebono at some point?

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

errrrrr..... in K1 under kickboxing rules.

9. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

wow, thanks Yuki!

Royce makes Akebono look weak ...

10. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

i have been looking forward to seeing the outcome of that for ages

I never would have predicted that as the way the fight panned out

Akebono just laid on him!

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

why on earth was akebono going to the ground with royce? he just jumped on him and did nothing. hes an idiot, hopefully this will convince him that he can in fact not fight and he will get his disguisting body off my tv screen. although at least he has dispelled the myth that bigger people always win :D

12. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

probably works on alot of other people :D .

13. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

it may have been the strategy as it flattened and ko'ed all of his sparring partners :)

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'll be you that none of them had the experience and skill of Royce Gracie though :D

15. Black Thistle

Black Thistle New Member

I don't think Royce is too concerned about facing tough competition these days. Strange, as only a couple of years back he said he wants to face the best. Sound familiar?

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

He did face the best (at that time); but these days, he has retired. I guess the money they offered him for this Akebono fight was just too great!

17. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

What was Akebono doing? Does anyone see an actual strategy? Even when on the ground, he seemed to be half supporting himself with his arms. I'd have thought Royce would been laying the fists into his head sooner than he did.

How did he win? I mean the fact that he got an armbar on...was that it? Surely you can escape an armbar??

18. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

An omoplata....What a wonderful phrase

:D

I always make this joke in training and I've been on MAP for 1 1/2 years and it's the first time it has come up so had to take the opporunity.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  19. Tyrant MMA

Tyrant MMA New Member

I pure love omoplata's they rawk.

20. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's certianally not everyday you see an omoplata pulled off in an MMA event :)