Video - Fajin Training Exercises

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by internalstylema, Feb 23, 2007.

1. internalstylema

internalstylema New Member

Here is a fajin training exercise video by the Chinese Taoist Martial Arts Association in Skokie, Illinois

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Qvo_BUmNU"]Fajin (Fajing) Exercises of The Pre-Heaven Power Method - YouTube[/ame]

I have trainined with CTMAA school and this exercise is effective in providing feedbacks on how well you can transmit the force.

Enjoy!

2. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Does anyone believe that this stuff really works? I guess anything's possible, but those guys were clearly flopping on their own. If there is something to this stuff, videos like this don't help the cause.

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I dont really like to comment on this kind of thing, as i know nothing about it.

But i am a sceptic. I would love someone to prove me wrong though, but untill then...im unconvinced. But like i say ive never had any experience of any internal MA's so...

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

These guys aren't really resisting. But It doesn't look faked to me either. This is how this type thing goes down mostly.. This is training / demonstration mode by the looks of it. They are perhaps going with it a little, because they know what's coming. That does creep in if you train something repeatedly.

Those guys are kind of stiffening up a bit innitially it looks like, this allows them to me moved like that/ pushed. looks like the guy has very significant oomph though.

If you're that dubious, you should hook up with a good IMA teacher and feel what that's like. It might not translate like that against a trained fighter. But still .. There are uses.. and abuses i suppose. But this isn't really one of the latter by the looks of it. Just training. And he looks like he's really got something to play with. :)

regards

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  5. middleway

middleway Valued Member

i would Agree CH.

There are other ways to demonstrate good power ... but they can hurt a bunch...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iu17MlH3qA"]YouTube[/ame]

;)

The problem with the above sort of test is that it takes the student out of action for some time. Even if that is not the initial intention.

I would say the training in the original clip can have its Merits in providing resistance for a specific body method to test against ... but the students should resist and root properly and it is mearly a training method ... not any demonstration of skill in combat.

Cheers
    Chris

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yea, good stuff Chris.

All the best. you'll be hearing from me soon about dates. Got sort out a calender or summit, with so much goin' on. Good training mate, and see ya soon.

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah it looked like there was a bit of running/jumping backwards into the mat.

I don't know, I so them resisting alot. Tensing the arms, and fighting the incoming force, which caused them to get unbalanced. I hope they aren't learning to do that in leiu of adjusting with their stance, or swallowing.

8. middleway

middleway Valued Member

hey CH,

sure thing! will be good to see you mate .. will be interesting to see some of the stuff your doing at the moment.

happy training buddy

Chris

9. haikksum

haikksum Banned Banned

The slightly round gentleman that flys into the air before going backwards actually bends his legs first before he jumps into the air.

Some of the demonstrations looked good but when you can see that some are jumping it underminds the whole thing.

10. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Unfortunately, most of the clips on the internet look to be contrived.

Having said that, I have taken footage of training partners and bits of it can look coreographed, but I know the people involved and it is all genuine and spontanious. :D