Video: Fajin in the Spirit of Yang Tai Chi

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by nujaubung, Oct 20, 2007.

1. nujaubung

nujaubung Valued Member

Master Wei-Chung Lin, a disciple of the Yizungyue School and the Chief Instructor of the Chinese Taoist Martial Arts Association in Skokie Illinois, demonstrate Yang style Tai Chi fajin exercises based on Shian Tian Jin Fa (or The Pre-Heaven Power Method). Section One of the Yang style Tai Chi Chuan traditional form follows.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0luEQ7lbBE"]Fajin (Fajing) in the Spirit of Yang Tai Chi - YouTube[/ame]

When you watch Part 1, please note that what is shown in the video are training exercises, not fighting scenarios!!! The practitioner is supposed to learn something from practicing these exercises with a certain amount of cooperation from the partners.

The major objective of these exercises is to measure the quality and power of the fajin movements after standing-stake training. Therefore, in most situations, the partner is requested to stay rigid and not try to yield. In other words, the person being thrown is live weight, much like a heavy punching bag. Following this protocol, the reaction of the partner faithfully reflects the efficiency of the fajin movement. If you are interested in examples of applications on resisting opponents, please watch our videos on Bagua and Xingyi in this forum.

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

*yawn*

Been linked to and discussed before... :woo:

3. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Agree!

I mean, double *yawn* even.

****ing the night away.

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Are you drinking or incontinent??? :D :p

5. nready

I don't drink except tea. So, I have to guess answer, there are only two dang than it is incontinent. I drink Chrysanthemum tea allot even. It help clean out the kidneys. :cool:

6. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Nice music.

7. nready

*blinks*

8. MASTERforge

MASTERforge New Member

:ban:

Ban for Bullshido and brainwashed students. This tai chi cr*p makes me want to puke! And I practice tai Chi!!

Did you see how he threw the old guy? He could have really hurt him.

9. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

This is one reason why I would never train under someone who describes themselves as a 'Master'. All too often it results in unhealthy relationships between teacher and student.

10. nready

yea, agree CarysB that is why I said the person that became for me a master started just as teacher and progress to being that for me. The mentor thing he felt was, very moving for him.

11. wujidragon

wujidragon Valued Member

not bad, enjoyed watching ... are there some links to him doing this with more non cooperative partners or at least out of push hands, etc.