Vid Excerpt From Smashing Machine.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Trent Tiemeyer, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

This is from the Mark Kerr documentary Smashing Machine. Kerr was upset that Ricco no-showed practice when he was specifically brought in to help Kerr prep for the 2000 Heavyweight Grand Prix. He told Bas Rutten to turn it up on Ricco in sparring and this is the result.

Bas drops Ricco with a left straight.

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i'm surprised he didn't dodge it or atleast block it, i saw that one coming a mile away.

3. Trent Tiemeyer

It's kind of easy to see from behind the keyboard.

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

are you kidding? that was a GOOD punch. from one of the greatest fighters in MMA.

lol at how ricco just slumps to the ground :D

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Damn ... dropped him like he was hot.

That was a great punch by the way.

6. Trent Tiemeyer

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Dropping someone with a hard shot during what looked like regular sparring? As some kinda punishment? Then acting all concerned and sincere about it?

That SUCKS.

What are these guys? 12?

8. Trent Tiemeyer

I'm sure it was probably incidental contact, and the documentary crew did what they could to spin it as a story. That's kind of what they do.

9. YODA

I hope you're right.

10. Trent Tiemeyer

Have you ever known me to be otherwise?:D

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

That does seem more likely, the way bas ruten says sorry afterwards, and points out to him how it happened.

12. Trent Tiemeyer

I've checked around, and apparently Bas was questioned about it on Sherdog and said that Ricco had a rep for trying to turn it up on new trainers. Whenever Ricco tried to go hard, Bas went a little bit harder. He wasn't trying to take Ricco's head off, but the way the documentary was pieced together certainly made it look that way.

13. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Best. Comeback. Ever :D
    I've seen the whole video before and it certainly did try to paint Bas in a negative light with regards to that incident. The way Bas handled the situation after dropping him seemed very professional though

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

That was a sweet shot! :)

Yeah right, go back to playing your computer games.

15. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

It does seem slightly out of order, as you see the intention in Bas as he throws it. However, Im not sure of he was pointing out what happened. He just countered Riccos jab; I didn't see him fake or throw any body shots at all, and thats what he said after they stood up, left shovel hook followed by straight right. But then I probably missed it...:D

It was a sweet shot, (and great timing, tekkengod, Bas countered the shot that Ricco threw, there was no way on earth that he was going to get out of the way.)

16. YODA

Sure he could - he coulda hit square/triangle - left arrow - right tekkengod?

17. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yeah, he could have fireballed Bas right outta the building :rolleyes:

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

LOL, :D Don't forget to double tap the left d-pad button to dodge the punch :)

19. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

You guys are mean stop picking on the guy.. everybody says somehting silly once in a while.

20. Trent Tiemeyer

Yeah, what are we, 12?:D