Very Important Follow Up Post

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Kempo Fighter, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

I have to say thanks for the last post, specifically to Rebel Wado for giving me advice to apply against my opponent. The best part, is that Rebel didnt even know he was giving me this advice. I wasnt the one getting frustrated during sparring. And I realized that Rebels advice could be used by my advantage to defeat the green belt. I discovered he has a temper problem. And When I went to class tonight, by a stroke of fate, I got the perfect chance to test my theory.

Today was the first time I had done Kempo Sparring. Which is basically a simulated street fight.

We were in doing round-robin, and after the green belt went a round, during rotation, I leaned over to him and started giving him advice on the fight. Mind you, I was not rude, and was very polite, and it was actually valid advice. He kept going for one-leg takedowns but continued to commiting to many limbs to it. He got SOOOOOO ****ed. It was unbelievable, and he did the best thing ever, he held it in until we sparred.

So we started off and I could tell he was going full force. He throwing complex moves left & right. I kept my distance and waited for him to exhaust his repoitoire. Then he moved in to try and take it to the ground. He went for the single leg just as I had expected. And I let him. He pulled up, high. But it wasnt good enough, I was taller then him, and my advice was true, He didnt have the leverage needed to bring me down, but he was hellbent on proving me wrong, so I just kept stepping back, rendering his advances useless.

After about 35 seconds of this, and the entire dojo watching, I just stopped and said "If you would have simply listened to my advice, you wouldnt be in this poisition." He tryed for a last push, I simply front-to-knuckled him right into the forehead of his head gear. He moved back. I landed my right foot, and then snap kicked him, right in the temple.

It was glorious like something out of Rocky VI. I just finished him off. It was brilliantly quick, simple, by the rules, and picturesque.

That was the last fight of the day too, he didnt get a chance to retaliate. He was livid. You could see it in the way he moped.

Right afterwards, my sensei called me over and said simply. "Gordon, your going to adult classes."

BAM!

2. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Ah very good young grasshoppa ;)

I'll take the credit even if I didn't do anything :D

Today you bask in the glory of victory. Ah tomorrow is another day and who knows, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Win or lose, keep up the training. :)

3. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Your kenpo school allows Freestyle sparring?

Fantastic! I'd stick with that instructor for as long as you can. When I was doing kenpo, the only time we'd do groundwork was when we fell to the ground accidentally...and since we didn't really know what we were doing, we just kinda rolled around a bit...

Good job on out thinking your opponent!

May you achieve
    Satori

4. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

Yes our school is a very good dojo, but i just cant stress enough how much like a movie it was. I mean, I landed my right foot, and then like, rocketed it straight into the side of his head. I had a footpad on, and he had headgear so I used quite a bit of force and you could hear the smack. He like, stumbled back in slow-motion. It was like a movie. It was soooo awesome.

5. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

It was just so amazing.....

6. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Still very cool. But remember now that what goes on in class stays in class. At the end we shake hands and make our peace. Those you train with are your Ohana -- family, brothers and sisters in the martial arts.

7. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

Im aware, but you kinda need to get the full picture of what this guy is like before thinking ive lit a match. I mean, the others in the class hope hre dosnt come on the same days they do because he goes hard on everyone. He likes to assert that he's top of the line in our class. The only person whos put him in his place is another green belt, whos a great guy and all, but he broke his arm, so in the meantime, the angrier belt has taken over. Hence the 'grappler' comment. I mean he was furious that someone was better then him, and I did not stir the pot or make any insulting comments afterward. He was plain old fashion angry.

8. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

You don't need to prove anything to me Kempo Fighter. I'm just happy for you.

Sounds like this angry green belt has some issues he needs to deal with.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

That sounds like so much fun :D

but remember, big heads are easier to hit :p

10. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

Ill be sure to keep that in mind.