Very Crazy Self Defense Question

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Karate Freak, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

you'd need to jam it in at the top near his forward hand ... and thats with him trying to get past it... would be mighty difficult, tho possible.

2. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

That post, is an all-time classic. *slow claps*

This kind of forum thread separates users into 2 camps: Those with a sense of humour and some sense, and those entirely without either.

Anyway, to answer the question: anyone played Resident Evil 4? The chainsaw guys take multiple shotgun hits to the face before they go down. I'm taking my semi-auto shotgun out with me from now, in case someone attacks me with a chainsaw.

3. Sgt_Major

or a couple fire grenades, and rifle rounds to the head...

Been there, played that, crapped my pants too!

4. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

If you've maxed up your TMP and you're a good shot, they go down pretty fast. That's one badass gun.

5. Sgt_Major

Dont like the TMP - I prefer the chicago typewriter :D

6. C Mellis

C Mellis New Member

Smack the top of the Chainsaw with a large metal object – with a bit of luck the chain would break, fly around and hit the guy in the face :cool: ! That would teach him/her/them/it! Living in the UK we are not allowed to carry guns, so that kinda rules out shooting him. Mind you, the BFG from Doom 3 :D would probably solve the problem, just as it does on the PC (come on, who ships chainsaws to Mars? :rolleyes: ).

7. jimi

jimi New Member

In my opinion ,i am bound to learn martial arts to defend myself . :)

8. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

How the hell would you do that without getting in slicing range of the chainsaw?!

9. relish

relish Valued Member

A VERY long metal pole? :D

10. Pete Ticali

Pete Ticali Valued Member

Thought I'd try the high road

Since no one really tried it... I thought I might offer a thought (just in case it was a serious question)

Your chainsaw is in principle no different that a sword/stick/bat etc.
    In its lowest terms martial arts are nothing more than circles and lines. That is to say that the attackes and / or their defenses are always common by their angle of attack or whether the motion is linear or circular.

Without the film editing, audio overlays, and special effect..... your chainsaw could do no worse than a katana, and is so unwieldy that I doubt anyone could use it without cutting themselves up.

Sorry for ruining this series of posts. No that I'm done you can re-pull the cord and let her rip!

pete Ticali

11. Sgt_Major

A good chainsaw will be light enough to twist, turn, and I have personally used one for hours on end without any trouble.

the biggest difference is that a touch with a chainsaw will sever limbs and not in a neat way, it'll cause a lot of trauma so you'll bleed out pretty quick.

12. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

If you manage to carefully aim the flow of blood he will slip on it and hopefully dismember himself on the way down.

13. Sgt_Major

:D

Or sever your head on the way down :p

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Bingo!

The best defence against a chainsaw is a water pistol filled with oil! Just spray it on the ground in front of him and watch him go flying! :D

15. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Or you could adopt the proactive approach . . .

Get yourself a TARDIS, travel back in time, and kill his parents.

16. Pete Ticali

Pete Ticali Valued Member

I stand (partially) corrected Sarge

Yes Sarge
    I imagine you are correct about being able to wield a chain saw. They are much more compact (and lighter) then the old days... but having said that you still are going to use it in the same method you strike with other weapons.

Stick/thrust, slice/ swing rtc. etc.
    Under hand/ Overhead, right to left/left to right
    near / far

After all is said & done; the defense becomes based on the zone and the angle/method of attack

Best block....No be there... Camp over your girl friends and stay the hell out of the forest! LOL

My best

Pete

17. KurtCobain2902

KurtCobain2902 New Member

I'd have to say using some piece of steel or wood to shield you while you kill him is good. Screaming and throwing rocks, throwing bricks at his face, throwing dirt in his eyes, letting him try to cut through your shield while you step to the side and side kick his knee until it is no longer a usable knee. And then creating distance and throwing more stuff before coming in again, if he isn't already laying on the floor from the broken knee. Chainsaws are heavy, so I don't think he'd be able to run as fast as you. You could just run until the fluid ran out and then kill him.

18. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

The answer to this is easy: Hide in a forrest protected by eco-terrorists, one spiked tree and it's goodbye Mr Chainsaw. :eek: :D

19. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Hmm, with all those bright suggestions I'll add one of my own: Just get a gun and shoot him.
    I mean if you are going to have a long metal pole, EMP pulse generator, and what not...you probably have a gun too :)

P.S. Anyone know how to get out of the death mask Jigsaw used in the beggining of SAW 2?

20. Sgt_Major

ARGHHHHHH! Not seen it yet, so nobody post an answer! Or use the spoiler tags if you must.