Vera is Back

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by RandomTriangle, Aug 16, 2007.

1. RandomTriangle

RandomTriangle Valued Member

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I say "about flipping time"
    Vera's been out of the game a fair while and, as much as I dislike him, Sylvia's reach and power makes him a stern test for Vera - arguably his first real test. I'm hoping Vera's the real deal and runs through Sylvia, though I don't know if he can stop him, so it'll probably be a decision.
    Sylvia's reach will be the big problem in this fight: his jab n' bore the crap out of me style is effective at getting points from the judges and if he sticks to that, Vera may not be able to get close enough to score with the leg kicks

3. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

Finally Vera is back, he looks like a good up and comer and hope he wins as I have never been a fan of Sylvia. The good thing for Vera though is if he struggles in the heavyweight or can moves to light heavyweight division.

4. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Honestly I don't think Vera can beat Sylvia. Personally I hope Sylvia knocks him out and knocks him down to light heavyweight.

I think Vera has what it takes to be a light Heavyweight and I think Sylvia gets way too much hate. True he's got little heart but when he's ****ed Sylvia can be a knockout machine. I hope Sylvia gets to redeem himself with this fight and that Vera will be pushed down to the LHW division where he'll really shine.