Vegetarian vs. Vegan vs. Carnivore

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tosh, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saikyou

saikyou New Member

carnivore here. well, i do eat veggies but i still prefer meat

2. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

If anybody goes to China to visit or study the Arts of the Way being a vegetarian can be an interesting experience. They offer more than one hundred kinds and ways tofu can be prepared. My favorite is chou dofu or 'stinky tofu'. The best smells like Stillten (sp?) cheese. In other words like a barnyard full of dead animals, but it tastes great. Most of the rice they eat is refined medium grain rice that's not so good. But there are many other varieties of rice available especially in the south.

It would be an interesting experience for the omnivores and carnivores too since Chinese will eat virtually any thing and everything that was ever living or dead from dogs to bugs, anything is game for the dinner plate. I've seen scorpians, silk crysillis and caterpillers, various worms, cockroaches, snakes,etc on the grill.

Up north and in Korea they eat shrimp, fish and other criters alive.

3. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

Doesn't the truck tire tracks make it more tasty.

4. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

Vegan recipe from China

Hot stir fried tofu

1/2 kilo soft white tofu
    1 tablespoon ground hot pepper
    1 star anis
    1 tablespoon soybean oil or peanut or favorite oil
    2 to 3 tablespoons chopped green onions.
    1 to 2 finely cloves finely chopped garlic
    1 tablespoon corriander
    salt to taste
    MSG if you like it

Optional
    one or two finely chopped mushroom or black ear fungus.

The omnivores can add cooked ground meat of choice when the stir fry the onions and other stuff.

Heat oil in a wok or fryiing pan, add star anis, onion, garlic, salt, MSG, mushrooms, hot pepper and stir fry for a minute or two.
    Chop up the tofu in pieces about 1/4 in size or less.
    Add tofu and simmer for five minutes. add a tablespoon or two of water if too dry.

Stir in corriander and serve.

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Re: Re: Vegetarian vs. Vegan vs. Carnivore

Well I found it just wasn't the same without them! :D

6. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

Vegan idea:

If you are adventurous and would like to try hickory smoking of dofu, it tastes great! It takes a bit of trail and error beginning with soft white dofu, but it's worth the effort.

7. Dracknem

Dracknem New Member

I feel that if God didn't want me to eat meat, he wouldn't of supplied me with my canines.

8. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

Our canines aren't well developed. In fact we couldn't use them the way carnivores do. We do not have claws or the habits of most carnivores. Our natural history is more in line with opportunistic omnivores. In other words we are adapted by our intelligence to take advantage of whatever is in the environment to eat.

In primative societies around the world people range from vegetarian to mostly canivore.

9. Thokk

Thokk Valued Member

mmm... vegetables. id be a vegetarian if it wasn't for my grandmother who keeps cooking all those awsome meals...

10. Len

Len Valued Member

Rather than saying I'm a carnivore or a vegan, I simply like eating a balanced meal that includes mostly dark leafy greens or brightly colored veges and fruits, a little fat from good fats (olive oil, fish oil, nuts and seeds, etc), a little carbs (whole wheat bread, brown rice, potatoes, etc.), and a protein source of choice (grilled skinless turkey, chicken, eggs, or skim milk). I try to stay away from junk foods and red meat, but I give myself once a week to binge so if I am out at a party one day and there are no healthy foods, I won't vomit cause everything is pizza, chips, and dips. For me, this way of eating has worked out just fine and I get all the essential proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals in my meals. On top of that a lot of water, green tea, and freshly made juice from a juicer machine.

11. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

What is it with you and bumping the incredibly old threads?!?

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.