Vampires

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wayofthedragon, Sep 3, 2004.

1. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Anyone here know anything about vampire cults!?
    I was doing some reading here and there and noticed that there are actually people who live as vampires. So, I'm looking for an open minded and intellegent discussion on the matter. As for me though, I think it's sick and probally almost impossible to get an open minded and intellegent discussion on the matter, but we'll see :) I'm actually curious though about how and why there are people who live there lives like this, and also curious to know if it is in someway related to witch craft

anyway, here are a few of the related sites I found

http://webpages.charter.net/societyofancients/society_site_007.htm
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj/njarv/faq.html
    http://www.geocities.com/rapture1_99/vampire1.html
    http://www.sanguinarius.org/articles/SD_myst_vamp.shtml

2. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

You may find this recent lawsuit of interest. I just shook my head in disbelief the first time I read it, but after taking a peak on Google, you are correct, there seems to be quite a large following.

Prisoner demands 'vampire' diet

THE Utah State Court of Appeals has dismissed Robert Paul Rice's claims that the Utah State Prison is violating his right to practise his religion by failing to provide him with a "vampire" diet.

The court also showed no sympathy for Rice's complaint that he wasn't allowed a conjugal visit when a "vampress" is available so he can partake "in the vampiric sacrament (drinking blood)".

3. Adam

Adam New Member

I know a few vamps, one of whom I consider a good friend. Basically, they're goths who evolved into vamps. There's a whole bunch of bizarre mythology and mysticism behind it, which really does not hide the fact that they're usually teenage losers who make themselves more "powerful" and "mystical" and, for some reason, "artistic" or "creative" than us normal daylight-faring mortals. They're pretty harmless though.
    I've been told there are real vamp cults somewhere that are actually dangerous, but your basic buffy watching vamp wannabe isn't a threat to anyone and will probably be a nice person deep down.
    I'm a little bit worried about the blood drinking though, on grounds of health. Does anyone know if it is harmful to drink blood, besides the risk for getting HIV or something similar?

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

We have 2 major vampire cults right here in the USA that most people don;t pay attention to. Heck, we even finance them. The Government and the IRS.

Or are they leeches? I can never tell 'em apart.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Oh GOD not this again. I go to another message board where this 14 year old kid had a 10 page discussion on vampires. Even after countless people told him "No such thing exists. If they are just people who drink blood, and nothing more, then they are morons and shouldn't even call themselves vampires. Besides, vampires were made up with Dracula.

PL

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

The whole "Teeny-Vampire" thing was one of the main reasons some friends and I left the whole goth scene. In the last couple of years it's just got ridiculous. If I had one more 16 year old kid in a Cradle of Filth T-shirt asking me if I was a vampire and/ or if I knew where he could find them, oh and where did I get my earrings, I probably would've killed someone!
    There's a bit of fun to be had with the whole vampire thing, but only in small doses, I don't think I could've ever taken it seriously enough to have lived that way.

7. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Vlah, I want to suck your blood [​IMG]

8. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

man don't make me get wesley snipes on you :D :eek:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  9. kickass

kickass I AM THE 11th COMMANDMENT

vamps

I have a friend in CT who says two of her best friends that shes known since 2nd grade now claim (at the age of 15) that they are vampires. obviously i told her to wake up, but she seemed convinced so i asked her if she has any proof. she said she saw their old family photos and when enticed by her vamp friend to look closer she noticed they had 2 enlarged canine teeth (aka cuspids). i didnt have anything to conter this except that it is a genetic thing that has been taken too far by two insecure teenagers. from what i know her friends are sticking to their story and seemed to have went the extra mile to keep it valid. although i have no clue as to wether this is real or not i do think its interesting and its strangely validating to know that my friend's situation isnt only experienced by her.lol :D
    hope i've been helpful,
    take care all,
    _kickass

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  10. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

I'm from Romania, and we've got the Great Dracula ... In my country people would laugh in your face or even punch you in the face, as Vlad the Impaler was one of the Greatest rules in the history. He didn't drink blood and he got a pleasure in impaling his enemies. Something tells me in the Medieval times there were lots of rules to do similar things. And he really hated the otomans. :)
    Transylvania is a great place to visit. Wihout the vampires I fear :)

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Actually the vampire mythology was around a lot longer than Dracula, starting with a form of zombie which supposedly ate flesh.

As to the vampire cult thing, absolute rubbish. People who believe they're vampires could do with therapy, I've met more than a few, and have yet to see any of them actually show any 'vampiric' powers.

For the drinking blood thing though, that's a different matter entirely. Blood fetishists are not the same thing as vampires by a long way.

12. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

Heard about the vampire who got a job in the blood bank?
    He was fired for drinking on the job.

What is a vampire's least favorite food?
    Steak (stake).

Sign in a vampire dentist's surgery
    Fangs aint what they used to be.

Never invite your local vampire to drop around for a bite.

David

13. Kosh

Kosh New Member

There are a few cases of people who have illnesses that seem to be subsided by drinking blood. Plus, there are ofcourse people who are 'allergic' to sunlight.

14. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm actually allergic to garlic!
    I remember reading about a disease which can be helped by drinking blood (then I saw it on CSI, but I read about it first, honest!). Sufferers get leisions on their faces and their gums retract etc. It sounded really nasty, I think I'd drink blood if I had that :yeleyes:

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely that you'd get HIV like that. Your body can only tolerate a certain amount of blood (about a pint) before you vomit. You could try black pudding I guess...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah I seen that ep, Season 2 (big fan of CSI) it didnt mention what disease it was tho, never looked it up.

"kickAss" I got extended canines, its a pretty common thing, although a couple of Special Effects guys wanted to make molds of them because it looked cool. Do those same kids watch Smallville? Look closely and you'll see Clark Kent also has them, would that make them from Kyrpton y'think?
    hehe

I dont think there is a Vampirism legend in Chinese culture but there is a zombie one (to us its sort of the same thing)
    Mr. Vampire was the movie i grew up watching (good MA). Our vamps can only jump up and down because there is no blood inside them so they are stiff, there reason for this (according to my girlfriend, who made this up but its funny) was that centuries ago when poor villagers who couldnt afford horses, had to carry their dead to concecrated ground, usually really far away, so what they did was between 2 guys, they would have 2 poles, have the poles strapped to the arms of the corpse (so its sort of standing with its arms stretched out) and they carry it like that. The passing travellers would see a line of 3 jumping bodies and they notice that the middle one is dead!
    Hence the legend of the 'hopping' Chinese dead was born :D :D

17. Knight_Errant

yeah, I got extended canines too- I use them to open plastic packs when I forget my penknife :cool:

18. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

There are two other types of group out there into vampyres.

The live-roleplaying type (all meet up in a pub somewhere and roleplay Vampyre: the Masquerade)

The 'trekkies with pointy teeth and goth clothes' type (into the fiction, films and imagery but not into the bloody bits.)

Plenty of these groups around and they are in the main totally against actual blood drinking or heavy amounts of the occult. One guy I know is a regular church goer and views himself as a good christian and still attends the 'trekkie' type society.

You may guess that I like vamps from my user name (had a pet rat once hence the full title). The society I went to was only into the imagery, fiction and films. Anyone appearing and going on about drinking peoples blood got short shrift and was booted out very quickly for being an ****! :woo: :eek:

Don't go anymore 'cos I moved away and now have better things to do.

19. Knight_Errant

can we at least spell it properly? it's VAMPIRE.

20. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

OH NO IT ISN'T! :D

I spell it how I want.

Vampyre
    Vampire
    Vampyr

all have been used in different novels so any is valid.