usual intro

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cait, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Greetings, everyone.

I have to say, props to MAP. this is an awesome forum.

That said, here's me. I'm a tkd instructor from virginia. I study wtf taekwondo, my style is Chang Moo Kwan. I've been practicing since 2002, tested for my 2dan back in june. I understand some may scoff, and say that's really fast, but i've been helping with class almost from the start, i'm a perfectionist... oh, and the 20+ hours a week i put into it didn't hurt, either. I'm a big proponent of teaching making you a better student.

during the day i masquerade as a high school teacher (spec. ed math & science), and then spend 3 evenings a week plus saturday at the studio.

other than that, i love all things outdoors, and have played just about every sport known to man (not really all, just a lot). i'm a lifeguard, a kayaking instructor, and an english riding instructor. in my spare time. of which there's just SOOOOO much (insert sarcasm).

anyway, that's me.
    Cait

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi Cait, welcome to MAP :)

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Welcome to MAP! Make yourself comfortable, you'll never leave! :D

4. french fri25

french fri25 Valued Member

hey. nice to meet u. good luck with TKD and enjoy the forums

5. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

thanks for the welcome, guys.

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hey Cait, good to meet you. You in Northern Virginia? Or further south?

7. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Why hello Cait, welcome to MAP. However, be careful there are some dodgy characters around... :D

8. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

yep, NoVa. Leesburg, to be exact

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Oh right. We're there pretty frequently. My in-laws are in Leesburg and Purcellville.

10. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

not bad, i grew up in p-ville.

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

My wife's father found out that the guy who works at the 7-11 there is an avid kickboxer. He's been talking crap about how I'm going to pummel the guy ever since (good naturedly of course). Guess I'll be going to the other 7-11 from now on. :rolleyes:

12. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

lol!
    too funny. might not be a bad idea...

why is it parents are always like that? mine do the same thing. My instructor uses me to model for a lot of his ads - there was one posted in the old-town p.o. in leesburg, and dad walks in & goes on about how that's his daughter, to all and sundry... i guess they're allowed to be proud.

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I guess. Provided his pride in his son-in-law doesn't buy me a round kick in the face. :)

14. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

welcome lovely lady to MAP :D that is you in the picture right?

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Hiya Cait, welcome to MAP!

16. wudangfajing

wudangfajing Banned Banned

So you mean like students that have Dyslexia if so when i was young i had that but i guess there are other types of lerning disorders. Hello, enjoy not that it is anyway affecting me now maybe to much sharing there uhum from me. Nice odd feeling there lets observe a moment of silence.

Not to say i am over dyslexia just that well. I mispell words more than most an other thing.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  17. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Welcome to MAP Cait :)

18. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

why thank you! and yes, that's me.

19. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

among other things. mostly thekids i work with just have different learnign styles than the 20% of the population public schools teach to.

I wouldn't worry about too much sharing. i misspell and reverse stuff all the time. but then, i'm adhd, too :)

20. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

yeah, i hear you.