USSD vs VILLARIS

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 14, 2005.

1. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

A couple of years ago I was told a story about how John James was intentionally not telling the truth about Christopher Geary's black belt, by a man who at the time I had much respect for and trust in. That man has since shown that he is a hypocrite and will readily bend the truth when it serves his agenda. At the time, I had no reason to doubt his word. In hindsight, I guess his agenda lined up with supporting Prof. Geary and tarnishing John James. Now, with Prof. Geary's dispute with the KGS BBS, that man's agenda is just the opposite (as he holds high office in that group): he has a beef with Prof. Geary and is aligned with John James. So he claims that he does not remember telling me that story that led to me making this post.

Mr. James has given me a plausible story as well about the same incident. In his version, he and the man who told me the story were at odds over a perceived smear on Nick Cerios reputation. The 180-degree turn in this man's alignment is obvious through his vehement attack on me for some perceived (invented) smear I supposedly made at Nick Cerio.

It is impossible for me to know who to believe at this point. I know that both men want to see Prof. Geary's reputation ruined, and so I don't think I can believe either of them, really.

John James also claims not to have any financial stake in the NCK school here in Omaha. I think I was not clear what I meant. I never meant he _personally_ had invested in the Omaha school, I meant that, as a leader of the NCK organization, he has a vested interest in seeing the local NCK school flourish and the CNG schools diminish. I still believe that is true, although I have no idea what the financial arrangements are between the national NCK organization and the local affiliates.

So, can I prove beyond doubt that John James told these lies? No, I'm sorry, I cannot. He may be an honest man whose reputation (in my eyes) was damaged by a man who I now know for certain is not trustworthy, is a hypocrite, and a liar:

That other guy, who I haven't named here, criticized me in public for posting things that were supposedly said in private (they were not). I sent him a private email about it. He then posted that email on at least 3 web sites. I've never seen a more pure definition of hypocrite.

2. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

ussd sucks

TOO FUNNY
    :D
    Ther are some good instructors in ussd. Its just like anything else you have to shop around till you find a good one.

3. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Did he open his own school in Iran?

4. ReSeDe Fighter

ReSeDe Fighter New Member

I have trained with villari......

I was a 3rd degree before I left a Villari's studios in West Palm Beach Fl. I have had nothing but great experiences with the orginization! Tournaments and all! I cant say I have trained with anyone USSD so I have no comparison, but I can say I (for what it's worth) recommend Villari's! hope it helps :)

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I remember thinking that would be cool if he did, but we never found any evidence of it.

6. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Hi David, so that others know what's going on, David and I have called a truce and are back on cordial terms as were were before. David, I didn't see this post until just now. I know it was before our truce but I wish to comment. Yes, I will talk to your privately about who this guy is, I would like to know. Also, I will freely admit something that was not true that was going to be stated about CNG's certificate from Nick Cerio. I make no bones about it and discussed it with Hanshi Seavey and he agreed with me on it and had nothing to do with it's concoction in any way, shape or form. He's not like that at all. I will say to this day, even if I am at odds with someone over something, as I am with Geary, I would never slander him over something that I KNOW is not true and if it's what I think you mean, I would defend Geary on that one to this day and I always did when it came up. I will take full responsibility as I told you privately in posting the short pm you sent me in regards to Cerio but like I stated, he was my instructor at one time and became a very close and beloved friend to my wife and I. When I read something which I preceived to slander the man who is dead and cannot defend himself, I felt it was 'no holds barred' and 'gloves off' and I did what I had to do to defend his honor. I am sorry if that hurt your trust in me but as I stated it was my loyalty to Nick Cerio and loyalty is everything. Like I told you, it's an new day and I will honor our truce with my word. I also would like to say that I did confirm from Sifu Bruce very recently that Nick Cerio did consider Geary's promotion as an 'embarrassing mistake' BUT I also confirmed with both Bruce and Craig recently that in all due respect to John, that he may have decided as the one in charge of the Cerio tree to cut Geary out of it due to Cerio's feelings of the situation before he died. Both feel this is how it went down. Again, this is something that is still unconfirmed because I have never seen Geary's name on any of the older 90's family trees of NCK when Nick was alive but I would have to check the exact dates of these trees for full confirmation. I am just trying to be as open and honest on this as I can be, I just found out this info. very recently. Interesting stuff! Talk to you soon, Prof. Joe

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  7. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

No problem :) :Angel:

For my peace of mind, I believe Cerio did promote Geary, and later either he or his successors took it back. I've seen the certificate, signed by Nick Cerio, with my own eyes, and I've seen the newsletter too and the membership card. But I also think it is really irrelevant now since Lou Angel has tested and promoted him more than once since then.

8. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Good point. Hanshi Seavey always stated the the certificate was authentic. I always said that too.There was just a typo on it where American was mispelled. Authority was delegated in NCK. Hanshi Seavey and Shihan Clermont Poulin, the two co-heads had nothing to do with the NCK Family Tree or the NCK website, Shihan James was in charge of that and did a hell of a job but you'd have to ask him about that. Prof. Joe

9. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

I just wanted to add that all the USSD schools on Long Island broke off from USSD and call themselves United Studios, and they now train under Prof Kimo Ferriera from Hawaii. His organization is Kempo Jutsu-Kai International. I think many other USSD schools on the east coast are on the fence. It seems there were some problems with Master DeMasco.

10. fightingninja2

I've heard the same thing.

Whats the deal with damasco?

11. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

I really can't speak for those involved, but it seems that one minute his students worship the ground he walks on and then something happens and they lose all respect for him. I think that it has something do do with his business ethics. The only ones that know the whole story are the Villari, and USSD people in the north east.

12. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

At the time it happened, some of the students posted here on MAP about it. Some diligent searchnig might turn up those threads...

13. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

Thanks David, I found those old threads. It's funny how a couple people said the rumors were all lies, and we all watched as the signs came down.

14. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

How many ussd east coast demasco schools are left?

15. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

kickingfist,
    If the USSD is up to date, there are ten schools left on the east coast. I am not sure what the original count was, but I remember the list being much longer.

16. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

It was alot bigger 10 years ago. Demasco lost alot of his instructors when charles mattera's ussd wanted to charge 160 amonth for lessions and $135,000 for a dojo you cant own a 100% anymore.New england is littered with independent shaolin kempo schools.
    Mattera sent his people out their to get them to charge more(didn't work) so about 90% of them left and went independent or joined someone else. Fred Villari still rules the east coast and charles mattera knows it.

www.villarisonline.com

www.shaolinkempo.com

17. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

Kickingfist, where do you train?

18. fightingninja2

Why should they stay with charles mattera or ussd for that matter? There probably is 10th degree in every town out their. Who dont try to take every dime from the instructor.

Why stay with charles mattera ussd organization?It is so out of touch with reallty on how much to charge people for karate or how to run a dojo IMHO.

19. KempoJer

KempoJer Valued Member

I don't think their issues were with Mattera, I think they were with DeMasco. But, that is not to say one is better or worse than the other. I just know what I have seen out here. There are a few Grand Masters out here in several different styles, all I have to say is a little research goes a long way.

20. fightingninja2

Your right about that.
    Who wants to give 33% of their profit to someone that doesn't even work in your dojo? :confused: