USSD vs VILLARIS

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 14, 2005.

1. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

i've had a great experience with the Villari's version of Shaolinkempo. it gave me a strong background in martial arts. if i was still w/ his version of shaolinkempo, i'd be a 2nd or 3rd degree black belt by now b4 quitting. i had to quit due to the fact that i moved to northern CA from ME. i had started my 5th year, summer of 2000; and i was at my 2nd degree brown belt b4 i quit.

i did talk to the brothers in Poway (only because i'll be at San Diego State in the fall) and they sounded like a good shot for me. but i don't know if i'm going to sign up w/ them bcuz of my exposure to Sheng Hun Kung Fu. i'm being trained a lot more and a lot more effeciently w/ it.

2. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

The poway masters look like they have a lot of knowledge from their web site of the martial arts and a mixed martial arts background is better then 1.

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

So it's not on their web site, not in the manuals, and not in the family tree; then how are they "very open about it"???

I would think "very open" would include having it on your web site and in your published family tree. "Somewhat open" or just "open" might mean, "not published but if you ask I will tell you". "Not at all open" might mean, "I won't even answer your questions".

It might be harsh to call this deception by omission...

4. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

USSD is the same way KEMPO DAVID.

The manuals say nick cerio as mattera's teacher and he received 8th degree and is currently a 9th(my manual is before he went to china to buy I meen earn his 10th)
    It says nothing of villari and no mention of where he got his 9th.

5. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Doctoring lineage is a Hawaiian Kempo tradition it seems. :eek:

6. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I would say deception by omission is: saying you are ranked by someone whom has severed all ties and stripped you of that rank.

Like I said, if you ask them they are very open and freely admit their association with GM. Villari, and Prof. Cerio and GM. Pesare.
    What is not open about that? I would also note that Prof. Bryant and Prof. Nohelty are still (last I checked ) on the Kempo/Kenpo FAQ under GM. Villari's tree. My point is: unlike Geary, even after they split from the FVSSD Org. they were not stripped of their rank... BY ANY OF THEIR INSTRUCTORS... Additionally, there is no information posted that would be disrespectful of GM. Villari and his Org. HMMMM. One more thing... Both Prof. Bryant and Prof. Nohelty have actually studied under Prof. Cerio and GM. Pesare. They both have followed their lineage right back to GM. Pesare. They went to classes, they incorporated the material they learned from them in to their curriculum. They were awarded their ranks after they had proven their abilities and refined their art of Kenpo Karate... You can ask any questions to them directly via the Masters site.
    JoeV.

7. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i thought that Geary was actually stripped of the rank by a man with the name of John James (i believe that is the right name). and this happened after Professor Ceiro passed away. I beleive that this James person took over Ceiro's kempo.

8. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

That is not what I heard. You can e-mail Shihan James if you want. Go to Prof. Cerio's site and you can find his e-mail info there.

9. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i asked both Shihan James and Professor Geary. Shihan James said that what happened between Nick Ceiro and Christopher Geary is in the past.

10. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I respect Shihan James he is an honorable man. What did Geary have to say about it?

11. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

Professor Geary said that John James is the one that stripped him of the rank. I think that the point that Shihan James was trying to make was since it's in the past, that there is no reason to keep dwelling on it.

12. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

John James has been known to intentionally spread lies about Christopher Geary. PM me Joe of you want to know who can verify that. He can't be trusted when it comes to this topic. NCK has an Omaha school (run by a guy who got his Shodan from Prof. Geary and has since been distance-learning NCK) so he has a financial interest in damaging Prof. Geary's reputation.

-D

13. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

What happened josh is charles mattera wanted all the money.
    Fred bagley was grand master villaris senior instructor(8th dan) charles mattera (7th dan)was an districk manager for villari nothing more. He just was greedy in my opinion.

When I was with ussd and I found out about the real history of villaris/ussd my friend who owns his dojo 100% somthing you can't do anymore, told me that villari was a bad buseness man and ripped people off so thats why mattera left.

He also said that mattera used to run villaris which I found out was not true.

He also said charles mattera and fred villari were partners which I also found out was not true.

My friend is pretty loyal to ussd and I think he just didn't want me to find out I could open a villaris school for $40,000 and keep 100% of the money.

They are very secrtive about the real history and most instructors dont know about it.

If you dont beleave me call a USSD in your town and ask them about villari and see what they say.

14. fightingninja2

You maybe right about that david.
    When I was with USSD if an instructor quit are master would say he sucked he was stealing he wasn't following the program.You get the picture.It was never the companys fault, bad location,push through the ranks to run a school so the company can make more money off manauls bogus fees, tournaments, test fees,abc billing company which the company owned, and give the instructor shi! Master instructor hasn't worked a dojo in 10 years out of touch with prices and how to run a dojo.

If someone quits or the school wasn't doing well the blame rests with the master who runs the area not just the instructor. Its alot easyer to blame the instructor then to take resonsiblity and fixed the problem and give the instructor good training and get your hands dirty and work in your dojos not just bark out comands.
    In order for nobody to talk to the person that left just start telling lies about them and everyone will loss respect for them. After all your my master and you wouldn't lie to me right?
    Thats what happens with ussd instructors who quit the almighty company.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  15. fightingninja2

Its funny how the subject ussd and villaris got on CGSK, here's what I heard about him a few years ago.
    Pro geary did a mass email to all instructors in ussd. Not the best thing to do with out seeing if one or two get through first. What pro geary did not know 95% of the emails at ussd go to a masters email before getting to the instructor first.
    So only a couple got through.

Their was a meeting how pro geary sucked he learned from a bad ussd instructor(not the masters fault the instructors, see post above)
    The police reports in flordia were passed out and more bad talk about geary.
    Needless to say if gearys email I never seen but I know it was something on lines to come work for him.

16. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Its funny how you say villari ripped people off and mattera was the good guy.
    I heard mattera ripped poeple off and breaks tax laws.

Anyone hear anything like this?

17. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Yes, that's pretty much what I heard too.

A year or more later I was trying to track down Prof. Geary's original instructor. So I sent an email to the HQ at USSD (I didn't know about the mass mailing thing at the time). I got a response from Paul Taylor, it simply said "Are you a student of Christopher Geary?". I replied, and never heard from them again.

We did eventually locate the teacher, he had returned to his home country (Iran).

18. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Yes, that's pretty much what I heard too.

A year or more later I was trying to track down Prof. Geary's original instructor. So I sent an email to the HQ at USSD (I didn't know about the mass mailing thing at the time). I got a response from Paul Taylor, it simply said "Are you a student of Christopher Geary?". I replied, and never heard from them again.

We did eventually locate the teacher, he had returned to his home country (Iran).

19. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

It would have been better to leave a message on the answering machines of all the dojos then to email everyone.

20. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Yeah, probably so :)

I think he realized, he probably didn't want most of the USSD schools/instructors anyway LOL