USSD Remakes Tak Wah Eng's Forms?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Gufbal1981, Apr 13, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Of information over on another thread care to join, (KKKK) you will need to put on your boots though. I am thinking it is all good information just need to be careful on your response, or reading to much into it.

:rolleyes:

2. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

That's a good thought. I know when I used to judge at tournaments I used to give higher scores to people that looked like they were fighting. That's what I mean about the ideas though...not everything should be handfed. As a martial artist, we should strive to at least get ideas flowing. :Angel:

3. natkungfu

natkungfu Valued Member

Hmmm Mattera ripped off another instructor?
    I am shocked!! I can't believe Mattera the great con master would steal from one of his instructors.
    Lets look at Matteras track record first before we start throwing swords.

1988 leaves Villari's steals a bunch of school and rumored to have stolen money from investors for villaris schools.

1993 Grandmaster Nick Cerio cuts ties with mattera. Gee I wonder what he did to this nice old man for him to cut ties with him? Stole money? Ranked himself to ninth degree?Nahhh Mattera would never do that to his instructor.
    LOOK UP AT PREVISE POST.

2001 Grandmaster Tak Wah Eng gets Mattera and company to the temple and they cut out GM Tak and stole his forms and probably some money.

WELL FROM MY RECORDS MATTERA A STAND UP GUY.

jUST KIDDING PLEASE THROW SWORDS NOW.

4. Gufbal1981

:Alien: doesn't sound too foreign to me

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

That is absolutely not the case - if you find a good solid traditional schools, where the drills are like the forms are like the sparring, you will learn more than that from the forms!!

6. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

"Boxing......the ultimate kata"

7. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

KempoFist,

Do they have a two man set in the art you are doing, rolling around or going from standing to take down and stand back up?
    Something like that only always ending up on the ground?

Boxing can be like a kata, sparring then clenching and tieing up then doing it again.

8. Gufbal1981

Sounds like drilling...

9. KempoFist

Bingo.

10. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

11. Gufbal1981

Don't you work partner drills? There doesn't have to be a two man kata in a system. You can have drills without it being the military...

12. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Guf,
    We do drills, two man or more. Drills are good. I like drills, some kata is ok, to much of one thing is not good. Varied and continuous activity is what I like.
    Standing around and listening and watching is not good though. IMHO.

13. Gufbal1981

Sometimes you need "to look twice, listen twice before you speak once." (Fred Villari.) You need to do that at times otherwise you don't know what you are doing.

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I know what I am doing, do you? We are just white belts at this point and time I have read? Are you insecure with that position? I am not.

15. KempoFist

I'm definitely insecure about it. I miss my courtesy bows, and looking snazzy with the silver Kanji up and down my belt as it clashes against my gi.

16. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I know. Things that come too easily are not usually appreciated.

17. KempoFist

I was thinking more along the lines of, "you don't realize what you have till you lose it" but I'll go with your take ;)

18. Gufbal1981

Every time you enter a new style, you are a white belt in that style. I know what I am doing as far as where I am in Kempo now...but there's more to learn. Sometimes you see something you wouldn't have thought of by watching a student...especially if you're the instructor. Obviously, that's not a position you have been in yet. Students surprised me all the time because of how they thought to interpret something. That's what I'm talking about.

19. KempoFist

*cough* Not if you have enough money, are a good talker, and get awarded high rank in a similar style, then you go off thinking your are badass, meanwhile the majority of those who earned their ranks legitimately want to and can beat your sorry ass into lunch meat *cough cough*

20. Gufbal1981

Wow...sounds like you are talking about our favorite places! If you're saying I did that, you're quite wrong...