USSD Remakes Tak Wah Eng's Forms?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Gufbal1981, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

LOL! Nice one!

2. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

It was different that is for sure. I have a feeling that this thread is about over. :topic:

That is so cool (smilly) I had to do it. :saz: That also ;)

Gary

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Kempofist:
    Have you ever been to this location or know anything about it?

http://www.nyckenpo.com/body.htm

Gary

4. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

nah I don't spend much time in LIC. Any more info on them than that blurb?

5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi,
    This was on their website. I got it first then hit the home button for the other.

http://www.nyckenpo.com/people of kenpo.htm

Gary

6. Gufbal1981

They are a Tracy Kenpo School

7. KempoFist

Well sorry no I don't know much. Given that they are a Tracy school, you probably know more than me Gary.

8. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Gary ...er...Pop, knows nothing about Kenpo (Unless you count the secret scrolls that he recieved with his white belt from Leoning back in the 60's).

9. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Kempofist,
    Kempo or Kenpo depends on who is mentioning what where or when. I know via reading and conversations and doing certain things.

But what would I know? Danjo seems to have it all locked in, just ask him :)

AK I have about 7/8 of the books, Tracy I have some information, and Kajukenbo (which is similar) I have some books and seminars and that sort of stuff.

I was at my sons house last night for awhile Grandson was doing Blue belt stuff, from a Kovar school. I believe it is Kenpo... :rolleyes:

Gary

10. KempoFist

didn't he train at Tracy's?

11. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

See his quote above. His training has come from attending seminars and reading books.

12. Gufbal1981

As far as the Kenpo/Kempo debate goes, I was always told that the although you pronounce it "Kempo" the correct spelling is Kenpo. When it came to the US, people just spelled it the way it was pronounced. That is what I was taught.

Kovar is Kenpo and TKD. You would have known that though...it's from Juchnick's student. ;)

13. Gufbal1981

If you actually look at his profile, he only claims FMA and Kosho...

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Guf good observation.

That is it, books observation, seminars and 3 days a week around it.

Gary

15. KempoFist

Gary, if I told you it would make Jesus smile, would you please go to an MA school, ANY MA school and train for 2 months and earn a yellow belt?

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Why, being a white belt makes me the perpetual student. I am just learning, every day is a new experience. I train and enjoy. I feel bad for these people chasing the belts, sort of sad. New books new information. Kosho is it, the best there is, similar to FMA, to conceptualize and respond. Does not get any better. :cool:

Gary

17. KempoFist

Gary, without regular training you aren't a student. You are just....well I don't know what you are. A hobbyist?

Keep in mind, I train about 4 days a week. If I cut myself down to even twice a week, I notice a lull in my progression. Now this is live training, for at least a hour and a half a session, sometimes up to 4 hours, at a reputable school with attentive instructors. What are you doing? You seem to have a passion for martial arts, even though you don't formally train.

To cut this down from being a lecture, might I ask, why the interest in Kempo, Kosho in particular if you never really trained it to any considerable extent?

18. KempoFist

And as for the perpetual student thing, we all will always be students as long as we continue to train and have an open mind. Not training doesn't make you a perpetual student, it makes you someone who's consistently on the brink of becoming a student.

19. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Kempofist;
    Again I train in it 3 days a week. Maybe you are missing my point. It is part of my training program. I do Kempo. Not Kenpo. Your explanation is wrong.

You are allowing Danjo to mislead you. I tried to avoid the arguement he is creating. But in essence he is correct, for from my point of view Kempo is correct not Kenpo. It is a long story. ;)

I thought you have read the San Jose Kenpo web site.
    www.sanjosekenpo.com
    I have been in a pretty good discussion about the difference of the two.

If you would like we can start a thread about the difference of Kenpo and Kempo. Kenpo as America knows it, comes from Ed Parker Sr. :topic:

Gary

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  20. KempoFist

Considering the amount of cross-usages of the N and M between different lineages, I'd doubt there is any clear cut difference between them. But regardless you train formally? At a school? Or is this mimicking instructional videos with a friend in the garage? I'm not trying to start a flamewar, nor am I allowing Danjo to bait me with his alleged lies, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

And if you do train, and it's resolved out in the open here, I doubt Dan could continue harping on these supposed lies, belittling and insulting you to the outside eye.