Using martial arts to help with mood disturbances

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Knight_Errant, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Slight concern: My memory has been getting worse recently. I keep forgetting names. Names of people I know well. I go into rooms and forget why I came in. I suffer from a kind of, I don't know, temporary aphasia(?) where I can't understand what people are saying. What the hell is going on, does anybody know? I wasn't told about this when I was diagnosed with paranoid psychosis.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You're not taking any medication like clonazepam or chlorpromazine are you? I used to support people with mental health issues and what you're describing was a common side effect of these drugs.

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm taking aripiprazole, trade name abilify. Also, occasionally I have zopiclone to help me sleep at night. I sometimes use diazepam and I've been on prozac in the past.

4. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Damn man :/ I refuse to take medication for my anxiety and depression now, the last ones I was on messed me up more than anything in my life, it was worse than being suicidal. Never been so happy to want to die :p Hope you work out what's going on and manage to fix it.

5. redsonjia

redsonjia Valued Member

thats not normal ? it happens to me. i thought stress/overthinking/overload of information.

Im going to the gym and taking taekwondo for self defense, clearing my mind, and for the self confidence. I feel so much better in my life and in my self.