Use of Weapons

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Judderman, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Fire-Horse

Fire-Horse Valued Member

I can certainly appreciate that. I couldn't do your job, it'd drive me insane!

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

LOL!

Where in the NW are you out if interest?

3. Xerxes

Xerxes New Member

Tribalweapon,

I'm pretty sure that is just an "urban myth" if you know what I mean. It seems very unlikely. Go to a public library and do some research. Find out if that is really the law in your state. I would be interested in learning the result.

4. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

I recently had to assist in a black belt test(got my butt kicked) and the guy testing had to be registered. He had to get a picture ID saying that he was a black belt and something about should an altercation occur he must notify the police immediatly and show that card when they arive.

5. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Valued Member

Just my tuppenceworth here.
    I'm heavily involved with cqb instruction & its implimentation in high stress environments. I have to say that most people whether they're practising martial artists or not wouldn't manage to deploy a weapon in an attack, regardless of the weapon. Most people train to use the weapon, but how many train to DEPLOY the weapon? More than that how many train to deploy the weapon in less than perfect situations under induced stress?
    Also, things like perfume & hairspray sprayed into the face of an adrenalised, drunk or drugged attacker won't slow them down a jot.
    When we're working on covert carry weapons skills for guys on undercover work we drill constantly on the ability to deploy the weapon under any circumstances. If you carry a defensive weapon or teach defensive weapons work in class make sure you drill on deployment. If you can't get it out you can't use it :D
    Sorry, this isn't quite in line with the original post.