Upper calf pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kenpo_Iz_Active, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

Hey guys,
    So, i was playing soccer this afternoon with my brother and cousin. Long story short, i got my left foot stuck in a small stump of a plant of some sort. I'm pretty sure as my body twisted, my leg below the knee stayed in place, straining my muscle.
    Symptoms: NO swelling what so ever, knee hurts slightly, difficulty going up & down stairs (mostly because of my upper calf below the knee behind). When i move my left foot upward, i can feel the pain.

Any ideas? From what i read online, nothing serious.

2. mlan

mlan New Member

muscle strain/tear, hamstring pull.

Ice, anti-inflammatories, wrap it for a few days

3. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

it will go in a few days, as the poster above says, muscle strain IMO.
    If it still plays up in a week, go see a doctor

4. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

In my calf muscles ( i think its that muscle hence why i'm posting here), the muscles at the back of leg extending from the back of my knees to my achilles heel?

If that is correct, i'd like to quizz you map guys:

My right calf muscle tightens up a heck of alot within 2 mintues of skipping, or 5 minutes of jogging or more than ten minutes of continuous walking, cycling doesn't hurt. It doesn't really 'hurt' (more discomfort) but i feel the muscle is 'snapped' in place and can't slacken which to me doesn't sound healthy.

Any ideas why this is happening?

5. mlan

mlan New Member

Whatever you're doing is causing either a cramp or a muscle spasm.

Try drinking plenty of water and eating banannas for potassium, see if that helps any.

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Trigger points. I used to get this all the time. Check out the trigger point therapy workbook by Clair Davies, complete life saver. I personally use "The Stick" massage stick for this purpose and for broader massage that is less precise. Works a treat.