Upgrade to new forum software

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Jan 23, 2004.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

After an extensive period of testing, we are currently planning to upgrade the software that Martial Arts Planet uses on Sunday February 8th.

This upgrade will include :

upgrading the forum software to Vbulletin version 3. This update brings so many new features, it is hard to begin to describe. It may take a little time to get use to the new layout, but I can guarantee it will be worth it.

upgrading the arcade software, to include new games, and the ability to have player vs player challenges. It will also now support netscape / AOL / mozilla browsers.

upgrading the chat software to better integrate with the site. Hopefully this should also work on AOL / netscape / mozilla.

A slight upgrade to the functionality of the photo gallery software we use.

We are also looking at an upgrade to the journal software - this may or may not happen on Feb 8th depending on the developers of this.

The site will be down on February 8th from 10:00am - 1:00pm (GMT) to allow this upgrade to take place.

After this upgrade, we are looking to add a few whole new areas to the site, which I personally think are very exciting. Watch this space for more information!

2. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Bring it on! :)

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Go MAP!

I've seen the new site in action, and once you've gotten used to the extra features (of which there are LOADS!) it knocks the socks off VB2.

And the new Arcade is bit special too!

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

couldn't agree more this new site has been put through its paces lots of new features and the transition has been well planned so hopefully the disruption will be minimal :).

I'm now failing my degree because of the new arcade software :)

5. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

Go team

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Lets go!!!!!!

7. WhiteWizard

another thing HKF nice timing thats when the open mat is on at Glasgow so at least there wont be that much disruption :D

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

just a quick question about the new journal software.

will we have to make our own back up of our journals or will the admins do it for us before the big upgrade?

9. hongkongfuey

everything will be backed up. Apart from White Wizards journal and arcade scores. :D

10. WhiteWizard

good i don't really want them anyway :p

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

And all his posts too :D

12. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Good, means that the badger chat posted as a comment in Morphus' journal will be preserved!

13. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Long live the Badger Chat :D

14. WhiteWizard

You've got a cheeck spammer :D

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Says the guy who starts threads asking for help with his C# homework :p

16. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Are you going to upgrade the spelling of CALENDAR..?

:D

17. WhiteWizard

cough PHP thread cough :D

18. hongkongfuey

hmmmm.... good idea.

Anyone fancy developing a Knowledge Management Strategy for my organisation (or one which I am familiar with)? 5000 words or less.

thanks in advance :D

19. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

YES YES YES!! :D

20. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Looking foreward to it, although I have been forced to ban myself from the present arcade for understandable reasons :D Thanks HKF