Updates on Harry Cook

Discussion in 'Karate' started by LabanB, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Paul Marti

John Paul Marti Valued Member

Harry Cook will appear before his Honour JUDGE WOOD in Court no. 3 Newcastle Crown Court at 10:30 Am Friday 26 August for sentencing and also plea and case management.

Plea and Case Management
    T20111176
    COOK Henry W
    10U25042511

Committal for Sentence
    S20110420
    COOK Henry W
    10U20040111

http://www.courtserve2.net/courtlists/current/crown/newca_T110826.01.htm

2. Sandangirl

Sandangirl New Member

just to clarify

Sorry, I may have not come across well- I could not agree more that what Harry Cook did was wrong, completely wrong and there should be the appropriate sentancing etc etc and my heartfelt thoughts are with his victims.

My point, was more that there seems to be a number of instructors, who are well known, who I have seen on weekends away, who will 'stray' (nothing to do with children or any such nastiness).

My point was that it seems to be accepted as OK. I have seen this happen, I know some of the wives who stay at home and look after the children. I was shocked when I heard about Harry, yes, but if someone had said, Sensei X had been caught having an affair it would not have seemed a surprise.

I just wonder where all the honor that these instructors preech has gone. I know one very well who expouses such virtues but his own conduct is terrible! Such a let down.

3. TonyMc

TonyMc Valued Member

Anyone know what happened with his court case today?

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

actually that link says "henry cook"...

5. John Paul Marti

That's very observant of you. Actually Henry is his name.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  6. TonyMc

TonyMc Valued Member

Just read this;

It is with great sadness that i have to inform you that Harry Cook attended at Court today to recieve sentence but the court was adjourned, they're bringing 8 more charges against 2 more victims, so 13 in total against 3 girls.

It looks like it could be a very long haul for all the victims.

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

8. John Paul Marti

You are the third person to quote the wrong information. That information is from his last appearance in June not this current appearance. Check again please.

9. SamW11

SamW11 Valued Member

According to the law pages the plea & case management only started being heard at 15:12 today... I would suspect (as there has been no update since) that it has been continued until Tuesday morning (Monday being a Bank Holiday).
    http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Newcastle-crown-court.php
    (you may have to register to view the information - but it is free to do so and anyone may register - this is information available to the general public).

There was also an update (relating to TonyMc's post above) in Harry's local paper on 8th August...
    From the Hexham Courant... http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news...nstructor-in-court-1.865717?referrerPath=news

Sam

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Sorry but F....g Pervert!! makes my blood boil.:(

11. WJO

WJO Banned Banned

It seems to me that all of you are just a bunch of cowards for letting yourselves be used like this and yet have the nerve to talk about it "demanding" to be forgiven and sorry for. If Harry or any other instructor has used you, is your own fault, for being such a shmuck and you don't deserve nothing but a swift slap on your face.
    Personally I think that Harry should commit sepuku and save pain and shame to his family and karate, the ******* should show some kind of repentance.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Personally I think you should probably crawl back under whatever dog turd you were hiding under if you are going to post asinine nonsense like the above.

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Thanks to WJO alone, I have just changed my views. I am no longer pro-life. I am now pro-choice. As WJO has made me realized that some people would have been better off never making it out of the womb.

14. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hmmm 'WJO' - 1 post, inflammatory comment on a sensitive subject - TROLL anyone???

15. WJO

WJO Banned Banned

Hannibal
    Would you change your mind if it was your child the one who was raped by "Sensei Cook" or it would be OK because he is a high ranking karateka. Think sometimes, do not act so abruptly, unless you have a certain amount of afinity with this sort of sick behaviour.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  16. WJO

WJO Banned Banned

KUMA
    Thank you, but this kind of behaviour is getting out off hand all over the world including "civilized" countries like England. Personally I hope it never happens to my children, because I wouldn't be satisfioed with what the courts decide, if you know what I mean.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Personally I'd be careful how much of that you'd communicate to your children.
    There are certainly cases where children kept quiet about abuse because they were worried what their dad/parents would do to the abuser and end up in prison.

18. John Paul Marti

According to the court reporter HC is asking for as many as 45 other offenses to be 'taken into consideration' in sentencing ranging from possession of obscene material (photographs and actual clothing) to the very serious 'causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity' There are also several 'Abuse of position of trust' offenses.

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Honestly? If your kid was one of the victims you shouldn't have any right to decide his fate because you're blinded by emotion. Its one of the reasons we have these incredible things called courts.

20. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I just found out about this the now! It's beyond shocking! What is going on with these people! A couple of years ago we had a case in Scotland with a gymnastic instructor! Mitch Dolphin his name was I believe! It just makes me sick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.