Up for a scrap!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by blackbelt_judoj, Mar 31, 2004.

1. blackbelt_judoj

blackbelt_judoj New Member

I was wondering....

It is evident that thousands of people do some form of MA around the world, but out of those people, how many have actually used it in a "REAL" fight on the street?

How many women have taken up MA for self defense and never had the joy of bashing some "would be mugger's" head in?

How many of you blokes out there have learnt a MA to help you win fights but have found that the disciplin involved in learning a MA has calmed you down and your fighting skills are no longer needed (as such).

Let's hear all your stories to try and get a picture of the grand scheme of things...

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The closest I've come is doing a joint lock on someone who wouldn't leave the facility after not getting drugs. However a girl from my school, a red belt got jumped in a parking lot at University and just kicked the snot out of the guy, broke his arm, dislocated his kneecap, a few stitches from bouncing off some cars. She is only about 5'4" tall, 110 lbs, it took her WEEKS to have people stop congratulating her. Apparently the police gave him a hard time during the booking process, a GIRL did this to you?? That, is my kind of girl!!

3. Rhineville

Rhineville Valued Member

A friend of mine has been training for some time and would still fight at the drop of a hat.

As for me, never wanted to fight (unless to help someone) and to this day I've never been in a real fight.

4. Jimmy Jitsu

Jimmy Jitsu Valued Member

MMmmmm Scrapping!

Well I've been a practicing ju jitsu for six months now and only at 7th Kyu. As a 30 yr old my days of having a Saturday night punch up are long gone and hopefully will not return. Scrapping is generally for the young bucks who are filled up on booze and have too big egos and are from the NED species. I've found the guys at my club to be good relaxed individuals who would if possible avoid a fight. Something we are taught is your first course of defence. However if hell breaks lose then let the gates of hell be opened and destroy your traget as quickly as possible!! At the end of the day in violence the is no art so don't make it pretty. In all fights it is the guy who can hit the hardest and fastest who wins. Unlike the dojo if you end up face down you aint gonna get helped back up and shake hands.

5. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

dozens of scraps.. good times, goooood times.. :woo: :)

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Well, I never intended or even thought I'd ever fight in my life when I started MA. Sparring is the closest thing I know to a real fight, but I love it. :)

PL