Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Championship(Xbox Version)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TKD, Oct 25, 2003.

1. TKD

TKD New Member

Okay here's the deal, MEGA fan of Unreal Tournament. Awesome PC version, okay Sega Dreamcast version(downsized options and how many bots you can have in one level), don't know about PS2 never had the pleasure of trying it.

Given my previous experience with the game my reasoning went along these lines; Unreal championship is on Xbox so there is no space restriction(9 gig dvd), it's the third installment so developer experience is pretty high, and, the second was awesome and this one looks awesome too.

Carefully taking those things into consideration I came to the conclusion that it should be bigger and better than the first.....................

Well Damn! Where did my reasoning go wrong!?!?!?!? They have less weapons, less levels, and here's the real kicker, they didn't even keep the coolest weapons from the last installment!

Am I really supposed to put up with the afore mentioned problems just because it has better graphics?!

So, here's my real question, is the PC version any better or did they screw both platforms? And, if it's not better, what the hell happened?

2. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

you talking about the redeemer?

3. TKD

TKD New Member

The Redeemer being one among many weapons that were changed and made worse, or completely done away with. My two favorites were the double enforcers and the original sniper rifle. The sniper rifle got turned into some electric gun that has to recharge after each shot, and the enforcers were just plain gotten rid of.