Unreal Combat's Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Unreal Combat, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

This will be my training log as I look to progress in my current style. To start with I shall note my current physical stats, along with my style and grade so people have an idea of my physical condition and ability. I will update this as I improve.

Currently I am training at the gym four times a week for an hour. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I am training with 16oz gloves.

My current goal is to achieve my Blue Belt, which is a pretty extreme physical test, drop some weight (down to around 80kg is my current goal), and also take my first fight. Along the way I will post whenever I have trained to keep record of what I have done, to get an idea of where I may improve and hopefully receive some advice for improvement along the way.

I also made a short video earlier to give you an idea of my current ability level visually.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS0myvuM4x0&feature=youtu.be]Link[/ame]

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Hello UCombat

What is your system of Kickboxing based on?

Muay Thai/ K1/

or more Kyokushinkai?

Or more American Full Contact Kickboxing ala Joe Lewis etc?

What weight are you gonna drop to?

Good Luck

3. Unreal Combat

American Full Contact is our most focused style, but we do train low kicks etc with some K1, and Muay Thai (not so much the Muay Thai as we no longer have a dedicated Muay Thai coach) training as well. We are primarily however a Kickboxing gym first and foremost.

I plan to start my first fight in Full Contact Kickboxing and perhaps look into getting more into the K1 side of things depending on my experiences.

My current goal is to drop to around 80kg, so I can get a little lighter on my feet and improve my stamina.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  4. Unreal Combat

24/06/2013 - AM:

Ran a mile and a half this morning, mixed in some sprint training with it (alternate jogging & sprinting between lamp posts) for the last quarter.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  5. Unreal Combat

24/06/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. For my first half hour I focused on fitness, starting with a general circuit as a warm-up and then sit-ups with medicine balls as well as some standard 1-2 punching drills with a partner.

After that I then practiced crescent kicks, spinning crescent kicks and spinning hook kicks on hook and jab pads for my final half hour in preparation for my next grade.

6. Unreal Combat

25/06/2013 - AM:

Ran a mile and a half this morning, mixed in some sprint training with it (alternate jogging & sprinting between lamp posts) for the last quarter.

7. Unreal Combat

26/06/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. Did a 15 minute circuit to warm up, followed by practicing side kicks, spinning back kicks, jumping spinning back kicks, crescent kicks and spinning crescent kicks. Also did a power round for roundhouse kicks (for three minutes hitting the kick pad has hard and as often as I can).

Finished off with a ten minute circuit.

8. Unreal Combat

28/06/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. Did a 10 minute circuit to warm up, followed by practicing sjumping spinning back kicks, crescent kicks and spinning crescent kicks. Also did a power round for roundhouse kicks (for three minutes hitting the kick pad has hard and as often as I can).

9. Unreal Combat

03/07/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. Did a 15 minute circuit to warm up, followed by punching drills for another 15 minutes. Then did a power round for roundhouse kicks (for three minutes hitting the kick pad has hard and as often as I can) along with general kickpad training working on front kicks, side kicks, jumping front kicks, and roundhouses.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  10. Unreal Combat

04/07/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. Did some body sparring (two rounds in, one round out) between three of us. Also did some leg conditioning on a heavy bag and some hook and pad training with focus on cardio.

11. Unreal Combat

05/07/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. Started off with some cardio using hook and jab pads, and then sit-ups with a medicine ball. Did five rounds of sparring. Also did some leg conditioning on a heavy bag.

12. Unreal Combat

06/07/2013 - PM:

Trained down at the gym. Did some leg conditioning on a heavy bag. A little bit of bag work and some kick pad work. A nice easy session to warm down for the week.

13. Unreal Combat

08/07/2013 - AM:

Went for a run. Ran a mile and a half at a decent pace and finished off the last quarter mile with sprints.

14. Unreal Combat

08/07/2013 - PM:

Trained at the gym. Worked on cardio for half an hour with a 15 minute circuit followed by punching drills. Then was taken for some ring work training by the Instructor. After that I did a couple of rounds of sparring followed by training crescent kicks and spinning crescent kicks on the hook and jab pads.

15. Unreal Combat

10/07/2013 - AM:

Went for a run. Ran a mile and a half at a decent pace. Then finished off with 5 x 10 Push Ups and 5 x 10 Sit Ups.

16. Unreal Combat

10/07/2013 - PM:

Trained at the gym. Did a quick circuit, followed by a night of sparring (hands only). Finished off with a round on Hook & Jab Pads.

17. Unreal Combat

12/07/2013 - PM:

Trained at the gym. Did a quick warm up then sparred for the rest of the session.

18. Unreal Combat

17/07/2013 - PM:

Trained at the gym. Did a 15 minute warm up then sparred for the rest of the session.

19. Unreal Combat

19/07/2013 - PM:

Trained at the gym. Did a 15 minute warm up then sparred for the rest of the session.

20. Unreal Combat

20/07/2013 - PM:

Trained at the gym. Did some cardio training along with working some footwork techniques. Finished off with some kickpad training.