Unorthadox Training

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Batokensen, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Batokensen

Batokensen New Member

Yesterday, as I was hitting a plastic bag around with a wooden yardstick, since my mom took all of my swords away:( , I began to think of non-traditional ways to train. So I dug up a bandana and used it to blindfold myself. I then proceded to toss the plastic bag up into the air and strike it repeatedly to prevent it from hitting the ground. I did this for about a minute.

I then thought about other ways to train. I realized this would be good, since most of the time, your instructers don't teach you what to do in a messed up situation. i.e. Where a cheating opponent tosses something in your eyes and beats you repeatedly while you are blind.

Later on that day, when my brother was out, I grabbed his sword and my axe (Which I hid from Mom). I finished my two week project of carving three crude models of humans from a hickory tree that had fallen over during a storm. To celebrate I chucked my axe at one and knocked off its head. Since it was destroyed, I took out the sword and cut off the arms. I then chopped off the upper part. I then made a downward cut and cut it in half.

Then with the two remaining statues I practiced techniques that no living person would let me practice, such as throwing the sword like a javalin or throwing a person up into the air and decapitating them.

Anyone think this is a good idea to do when you train at home?
    (Thank god I live in a woods)

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I think you're either 8yrs old or you need some serious help LOL!

3. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

Yeah, but just don't chop any forests down or anything, and don't wave pointy objects at your family :D Play safe kids :D

4. cioGium

cioGium New Member

errrrrr

thank god you live in a forest!!!
    :eek:

5. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Thank god that forest is far far away from me. That said using imagination in your training is no bad thing. But try to keep it a bit more realistic.

6. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

yeah alitel more realism would be nice as a sword really shouldnt be cutting through wood thicker than about an inch it destroys even well made baldes and lesser ones become madern art.

Oh and stay far away from me.

I am so glad there I live in a desert

7. Batokensen

Batokensen New Member

Number one, it's my bro's blade. He doesn't care, since it's crappy and only worth ten bucks.
    Number two, does it really scare you that a demented freak like me will be learning to drive next year?

8. Cudgel

yes most verily *shivers in fear and pulls out giant wooden malllet* :p

well if its opnly ten buck then by all means wack the **** out of it

(note those are really * not an not some word *'ed out)

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Smile, laugh, be happy!

Well said YODA!

Improvised training methods can without a doubt be beneficial, but it just sounds like you where playing around, not training.

10. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Damn straight guys!

Why'd your mum take your weaps anyway?

Colin

11. Cudgel

prolly becasue he was trying to 'kill' something

my mom tookk my swords away from me becasue she thought I was a danger to every one else
    *shrug* and maybe thats the same reason he was doing some ting less than safe with his weapons

12. sfjohn

sfjohn New Member

The only thing I can add to this is "Why did you throw your weapon"? I will never throw a perfectly good weapon at someone unless it is the last resort and this is how I train. If some one was on a horse per se and I wanted to cut his head off, why would I throw my weapon in the air in a spiral motion. I would much rather cut off the horses front legs and once the horse and rider fell, move up and end his life while he was laying on the groung with the horse trapping him. Personnally I doubt I will ever throw my weapon, but I train for this instance just in case it occurs. But words of wisdom from a weapons guy's point of view, never throw your weapon. This is why the ancient studies never teach it. Because to be without your weapon usually ment death.

13. Cudgel

never lose contact with your weapon

14. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

We throw Zai, but thats because we have 3 of them

15. Cudgel

well whne its a weapon made to be thrown then yes by all means throw it or if you have back up of sometype. I mean I would throw a sword if I had another sword or a polearm

16. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

Guys, as if it wasn't obvious enough in the post 'throwing it in the air and then decaptitating it' ect. ect.

Look at the guy's 'location'.

He's the perfect rolemodel troll :p

17. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Guess that rules out projectile weapons...

18. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

So if you had 1, 2, 4 or more what would you do?

Besides you start with Nicho sai, so you don't get a 3rd one till later :D

19. Cudgel

Did you see my next post after that? I said that if its meant to be thrown then throw it.

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Listen to mums wisdom! :D