uniform

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by bonita, Jun 28, 2006.

1. bonita

bonita Valued Member

my instructor is going to have us switch over to a hung gar uniform and i've been searching the web for one--can anyone give a web site to see one and price it out?

2. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

www.wle.com there is no such thing as a hung gar uniform. Its the standard kung fu suit in either long, short or no sleeve. I like the long sleeves.. Great distraction when throwing shots :)

3. bonita

bonita Valued Member

i couldn't find one and he keeps talking about it

thanks for the reply

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

See if your instructor can go get them him/herself. Most places give discounts to instructors when they buy in 'bulk'.

Our uniforms are simple. T-shirt with the group name imprinted and suitable bottoms.

5. gornex

gornex Valued Member

when you sign up at our school you get a ging mo ( kung fu uniform) but you can get a club t-shirt and wear it with just the pants from the uniform, most people do that. It doesn't really matter to me, the uniform is more durable though, it would be more resistant to ripping and wouldn't strectch like a t-shirt.

6. TheDarkJester

Yeah but those damn heavy cotton tops you can get thrown in are so hot to train for extended periods of time..

7. funnytiger

funnytiger Earthbender...

This what he is probably talking about unless he actually thinks there is something called a "hung gar uniform" then that's a different discussion all together...

Sleeveless Southern Formal Uniform
    http://www.wle.com//products/u025a.html

- ft

8. clfsean

clfsean Mo Lum Yat Ga

9. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

Does anyone know where I can get this in the UK
    look on google nothing so far

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

11. funnytiger

funnytiger Earthbender...

That's who we get our uniforms through. Good company.

12. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

13. TheDarkJester

put it in the wash with some black dye? :)

14. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

yeah thought of that but when you have to kit 20 uniorms I cant be arsed

15. ckfnpku

ckfnpku Valued Member

You can always cut off the sleeves of a suit. In case you can't find a suitable short sleeved one.

16. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

With my sewing skill I start looking like a pirate or in a boy band :D :D :D

17. ckfnpku

ckfnpku Valued Member

I guess I'd be a pirate then. I've cut of the sleeves of mine.

18. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

i had to special order mine through my martial arts location only because of the material that is used. when it was finished, it came out really nicely. everyone who has a uniform in my location, came out really nicely over all. they look very similar to the Kung Fu uniforms, but do not use the same material and do not use the same traditional shiney color.

i'm enjoying it because the arms go just past the elbow and the pants are Kung Fu pants (they're a bit hot during the summer months though because they're black).