Unexpected progress in Tang Soo Do

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Jang Bong, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

I had an interesting and very rewarding session this morning.

We have been heavily into the weapons training, as Sir has mentioned a 'weapons grading' before Christmas on a number of occasions. While one of the senior BB's took a recent starter through the first Chule Bong (nunchaku) form, the rest of us were drilled in each weapon in turn - showing everything we knew about Chule Bong, Charu (tonfa), Jang Bong (staff), Dando (knife), and walking stick. Forms, drills, attack uses - we went through the lot.

Then right in the middle of all this weapon work he called for Pyung Ahn Oh Dan Hyung (5th Pyung Ahn form) - I fouled it up first time, but then restarted myself and repeated it OK.

Sir then asks me to remove my Green sash, and presents me with a Blue one to replace it - totally unexpected, which make me feel brilliant about it :):):)

He then drops the bombshell that in the week before Christmas he wants me to enter the weapons grading with the aim of taking the Black sash. :eek: (Yes I know I'm not that far into Tang Soo Do, but the weapons is a totally different syllabus with advancement on variety of weapons and variety of techniques within them)

I know the forms and the drills, but I need a lot of work on my stances - so the challenge is on for me to do the work and make sure I do a good job to gain a very unexpected Christmas present for myself.

I'll let you know how I get on, but I'm well pleased with today. :)

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

In terms that you would understand...

Gan on mara! :D:D

Good luck for the next one :D