UK Tournament 25-26th Nov

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by KSW_Martley, Nov 17, 2005.

1. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

First of all I might aswell use this as an introductory post for myself. As you can see I am a blue belt in Kuk Sool, its a great martial art, and I have been practising martial arts for 5 years now (Kuk Sool for 1 year and 2 months), but I am definately sticking with Kuk Sool only from now on. I study at a school in Widnes, a town in the UK near Liverpool, under a 3rd dahn.

Onto what the thread is about, I was wondering if any of the UK Kuk Sool people on here are going to the UK tournament this month? I was also wondering if any of you participated or just went to the Europeans in June? I know there are probably alot more American Kuk Soolers (lol) than English (or UK) people on here, but I'd like to know anyhow. :)

2. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

wish I could attend! (;_; )

good luck!

3. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Hi ksw_martley, welcome to MAP.

Yep, I will be at the tournament next week. I will be the angry one sat at the computer, stressed out putting all the results in. Come and introduce yourself...or anybody else at that matter.

4. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

AirNick......stressed....... never lol

5. emrys

emrys New Member

i'll be there

i've not been training as much as i anticipated due to a rotator cuff injury.i will still be there representing scotland to the best of my abilities.best wishes to all competators.

6. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

Hi ksw_martley, welcome to MAP.

i will be there but sadly not competing, i'll be judging though.

:)

7. KSW_Martley

Cool :cool:, what ring/belts are you judging for?

8. rex00

rex00 Banned Banned

Ill be there but im a red belt and under 16 so i won't get to beat you :) . Ill be the tall muscular one with the 3 gold medals :D .

9. Mari

Mari New Member

Hey welcome to map! ^_^

Yeah, I'll be going! >w< I'm still really nervous about it too! im going to be going to the gym a lot to polish my form! =o

I'll be competing as a red belt. Can't wait to see you all there! ^.~

10. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

don't know yet, i'll find out on the day.

11. KSW_Martley

OK cool. It's good that alot of people are going. I'll be competing as yellow because I don't know all of Maek Chi Ki yet and all of Joong Geup Hyung lol :bang: I'm 16 on tuesday yay so I'll be 16 for the tourny :Alien:

12. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

when did you promote to blue belt? i've never heard of someone competeing as a lower rank than they are.

:confused:

13. KSW_Martley

Haven't you? Strange that, lol. Most, I think it's all though, of our club compete as one belt lower than they are, because they don't know all sets of techniques and/or the form they are currently on. I graded for my blue in September, I know upto Maek Chi Ki #2 and upto the first spin kick on Joong Geup Hyung. Same as the tourny in June, I was yellow belt but went in as white. :Alien:

14. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

mmmm, i'm not sure i entirely agree with that.

:cool:

15. KSW_Martley

I hope you don't see it like we're cheating, lol :bang:

It could be the way our 3 months grading calendar is set out, so say like just for example our next grading was on the 10th of November, and we got promoted and given our next belt on the 12th, that means we only have a few lessons until the tournament to learn and refine the next form/set of techniques we are supposed to know/be learning at that level. So because of happenings like that, we can't possibly go in as our new rank. I hope you understand lol. :)

16. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i don't really see it as cheating but if i were your instructor i would hold back the grading to just before the tournament or i would wait till after the competion to do the promotions. thats how it's always worked for me anyhow.

17. ember

ember Valued Member

My first year at World Tournament, as a yellow belt, I ran into someone from the Purdue club at my ring. He said he had just tested perhaps the week before, but that promotions would be right after the tournament.

Our school does monthly testings through the colored belt ranks, but it is not uncommon for the juniors in particular to hold off from testing in September so that they know their material better at tournament. (The October tests were usually held after the tournament, though not this year.)

18. Desired Effect

Desired Effect New Member

good luck to all those taking part in the tournament. Its awsum to see the amount of people in the martial art.

19. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

Congrats to everyone who took part in the competition and to those who won medals.

I was judging ring 13, white belts 13-16 and JKN's 13-16. Anyone on here?

And congrats to silent_monk on your promotion to KSN, hopefully i'll compete against you in June.

20. KSWDragon

KSWDragon New Member

Gutted I couldn't make the championships this year :cry:

Don't suppose any of you know who won grand champion titles this year and also which schools came in the top 5???