UK Supplier For Redman Suits

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Senban, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Does anyone out there know of any suppliers in the UK who sell those Redman suits (or an equivalent)? Preferably one that gives instructor discounts and so forth. I'm considering getting one for my class but I want to get some prices together to see how feasible it is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Ooooohhh the ones on Mythbusters? Those are soooooooooooo coooooool :p

3. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Well I don't know about "Myth Busters" as I don't own a TV but I mean these things.

Attached Files:

4. Verx

:eek:
    Well it's your personal decision.

Anyways those are the things, they look like serious fun especially for McDojos that are afraid to get hurt.

5. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Verx said:-
    Hehe, watch it you! :D

It's just a thought right now, something I'm considering. I want to see some prices and then chat to a few people who already own a suit and see the different ways they get to use it before I make any decision.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I think you're looking at £800 to £1000. There are grants available to help with the purchase if you are going to use them for particular courses I believe. They send out pdf's of details as well as brochures through the post.

Try:
    Redman, FIST and Tony Blauer if you haven't done so already.

I haven't got any further than researching them, so I can't comment on them in use, but if you check back in the self defence forum some folks were kind enough to answer some questions for me a while back.

Feel free to PM me if you want, I may have some other links and details I can dig out.

Cheers,
    Mitch

EDIT TO ADD: Here's the UK website for Redman

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  7. Verx

I actually did not think about what you had posted before when I wrought that. Sorry :eek:

8. Verx

If remember correctly it seemed as if the suit wasn't too restricting but it did cause some resitence to their movements. As for force impact, the guy got punched full force in the stomach a few times but it seemed as if it didn't hurt. But it let enough force to move the person wearing it. Granted they were just messing about nothing too serious.

9. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Ho ho holy crap! That stuff's damn expensive. :eek:

I can't see me buying any of that stuff soon. But thanks to everyone who chimed in with advice and links.

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Andy, do i take it you are after a 'padded suit' that does not restrict like armour does?

11. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Hi mate. Dunno really, I'm just toying with various ideas in my mind. I mean we don't need it for sparring as such because we're already kitted out with all the protection we need for when we do that. It's more a case of seeing what's available and seeing whether it might be useful in some way.

But to be honest, given the cost of this stuff, the money could be put to better use elsewhere.

12. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Hi MWDAndy,

I teach MA and Police Officer specific training in Ohio. I have 2 RedMan Uniforms and give a thumbs up to them. Just because you see the suit in it's entirety, does not mean you have to wear the whole thing. You can wear bits and pieces.

I like the RED Man for certain scenarios. On the ground we use minimal protection, however use the redman head guard at times.

13. Nurofen

Nurofen Valued Member

Is that a hole in the chest for the 'tear out the heart' manouver?

14. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

If I was gonna invest tham much $$$ in protective gear, I think I would opt for the High Gear/Tony Blauer stuff.. looks more proffesional than the Redman stuff and probably not as silly.

15. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Redman suits £950+Vat in the UK.

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I think the intentions behind the suits is slightly different. Redman offers more protection at the cost of some mobility I think, High Gear the trade off is the other way. Kew Do may know better. The former is perhaps better for training like the Bullet Men FAST Courses.

MItch

17. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yeah, I have not tried either of them, but I would rather go for more mobility, redman suits seem too bulky, plus the high gear stuff looks prettier. :)

18. Verx

I thinks thats a padded area not a hole.

19. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I'd seriously buy one just to wear around town. That would be awesome.