Uk shotokan sensei

Discussion in 'Karate' started by kerling, Oct 30, 2003.

1. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

Hi

I was wondering if you live in the uk and practice shotokan karate what your sensei name is!

I know few sensei's in uk and have trained with them in a training camp in Edinburg. Just wondering if I know the names.

Regards Kerling

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Zoltan Dienes?

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I used to train with Sensei Mike Tan

4. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

Note many uk shotokan people here I would guess from only 2 reply's

Regargs Kerling

5. xubis

xubis New Member

I train with Steve King and Seb King

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

One of which wasn't even from a Shotokan practioner :D There are a few Shotokan-er's about here, I think they're just being shy

7. captainmoomoo

captainmoomoo Valued Member

Hi All, although I now do WTF Taekwondo, I did manage to get up to 2nd Kyu in Shotokan under Sensei Eric Pitch, who was with the KUGB at that time. Great instructor.

8. xubis

xubis New Member

Or lazy, can't be bothered to type and click ;P

9. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

I am 1st Dan Shotokan Karate but I know longer train due to lack of a club in the Scottish Highlands (that I like anyway!). I now do CKD, aikido and occaisionally judo.

I trained through the late 80's and early 90's with KUGB instructors. My first, main instructor was Cyril Cummings 6th Dan - despite the surname a great bloke! He teaches in the Birmigham area. During my time with the KUGB I trained on courses and gradings with Enoeda (died this year), Ohta, Andy Sherry, Bob Poynton, Terry O'Neil, Frank Brennan, Steve Cattle and Billy Higgins. Any of those ring a bell?

10. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Really? I did my Nidan (2nd degree) with Seb King in Sept. 2001. Steve King did the Cardio-warmup.

Tell them Tobias and Jim say hello.

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

i train with sensei Bob Anderson at Peterlee Martial Arts Club in County Durham

12. xubis

xubis New Member

That is cool man! I will tell them you said hi, we often come down to leeds for Steve Leeks comps, maybe we should meet up next time?

13. Paul Herbert

Paul Herbert New Member

Hi - I trained with Sensei Keinosuke Enoeda in London for the past 10 years and now my main instructor is Sensei Yoshinobu Ohta. Another Sensei I endevour to train with regularly is Dave Hazard.

14. cockney

cockney New Member

My first club instructor was Clive Needham great guy,
    Chief instructor Ray Fuller, Thames Karate Assoc.
    Malcolm Phipps saishinkai.
    currently Cheif instructor Robert Curtis, Ryoshin Karate Assoc.