UK Law on head covering in public places

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by CrowZer0, Oct 15, 2015.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Oh no, there might be someone respectable under that cap! They might have just come from the golf course, for instance :p

If I were security in a shop, armoured people would be more of a worry than unarmored ones.

EDIT: more to the point, I've not done any tests or 'ought, but I do think it's easier to ID someone in a baseball cap than a bike helmet. If someone comes into my hypothetical shop with their cap down in a way to deliberately obscure their face, I'm going to be watching them very carefully. But most people with caps on aren't a problem, so I wouldn't ban them. It might be a messy line, but you've got to draw one somewhere.

No hoods up, no balaclavas and no bike helmets seems like a reasonable place to draw that line to me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Which is one reason the "lower classes" favour them.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Man, you guys have been riding your sofas so long you're rusty on the inside! :D

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

And Americans.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I dress super casual. Hoody, jogging pants, worn out trainers and yes a Tapout baseball cap and I get no issues at all, because of my demeanour.
    And in the end, that's all that its about.
    It doesn't matter what you dress up like. A thief in a suit is still a thief. Don't act like an idiot basically.

Some armed robbers still do wear motorcycle helmet. As the kit is easy to wear and also super common. Rare but still happens.
    The most recent in my area being this one...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34191811

(The full mobile vid, beware, may contain rude language) [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHykRJ6ZBcE"]Traders chase and catch a robbery suspect in Kingsbury - YouTube[/ame]