UFC - where to start?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by conure1986, May 10, 2015.

1. conure1986

conure1986 Valued Member

Hey guys,

I've got friends that are into MMA and they've been talking about UFC a lot recently, and as I've started training Muay Thai I guess it's kind of related, and wanted to check it out. I have the trial fight pass but am not sure really where to start!

It seems to go back quite a few years - can anyone suggest a season to start on?

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

A season? Do you mean the Ultimate Fighter?

If so, start with the first season.They had silly games that they have gotten rid of, but to understand UFC history- you really need to see the finale of season 1. The fight that saved the UFC from failing.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You'll like Jose Aldo, Donald Cerrone, , G.S.P and Anderson Dilva. All great strikers :)

4. conure1986

conure1986 Valued Member

Thank you for your reply! Maybe ultimate fighter is what I'm looking for. I just found them under the title 'TUF1,2' etc so that gives me a good logical order to follow through :)

Is 'TUF' the main branch of UFC? I think what I mean is, the aspect of UFC that has the biggest fights? (Sorry for such newbie questions, new sports are always tough to approach!)

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

TUF is "The Ultimate Fighter"
    it's a reality show that UFC (a world wide MMA organisation runs) to find and test the best fighters.

UFC is a company that has been organising fights since the 90s (they're kind of like a world boxing organisation for MMA)

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I don't know how fight pass works, but UFC events are numbered.

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I've only followed UFC for a year or 2, but I would recommend the Gracie/akebono fight. :)

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

And you get to understand why Josh Koscheck is widely accepted as a massive douche nozzle.