UFC spoiler

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

I am waiting to see Anderson Silva & James Irvin fight, I watched Anthony Johnson & Kevin Burns - too bad about the finger in the eye of Johnson. I hate to see fights end that way. I don't think Burns should have won. The Jesse Tayler - CB Dollaway fight was entertaining. CB won with a Peruvian neck tie - never even saw that technique before. Brandon Vera & Reese Andy are up next.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Woooooo - that was a great event - worth every penny (wait - that was free?) :p

Overall, I liked pretty much every match. I was surprised to see Jesse Taylor back after the TUF "mistake" he made but wasn't surprised to not only see him lose but to a cool submission.

The Burns-Johnson match was pretty good but the ending was crap - TKO by th3 d3adly eye poke? Aren't eye pokes illegal? Didn't I see Burns get warned? Should have been a DQ or even a NC... not a TKO!

The Vera-Andy match was a snooze... I cooked some chicken wings during it and didn't seem to miss anything. Edgar's win over Franca was a good match.. I'd like to see Edgars again. Markham's KO was scary!!!!!!!

I was so stoked for the Silva fight. I loved Irvin's promo... "Silva is going to find himself too small for my division and I'm going to show him why he shouldn't be here.". You could almost hear him gulp when a "big" Silva entered the ring. The absolute devastation Silva rained down on him was amazing!!!!!! I loved it!

3. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Spike TV - last nite

Anderson Sila caught James Irvin's kick & hit him with a right cross (or reverse punch) Irvin was out before he hit the mat. Brandon vera was too much for Reese Andy. It was a good card.

Thanks,
    Tom

4. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

huh, I'm surprised everyone is drooling, I was utterly disappointed. Palm strikes with TKO by eye jab and a 36 second main fight.

*pffft* Should have watched Affliction instead.

5. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

i saw both:D

ps it was Fedor who had the 36 second fight. Anderson Silva took 1:01 for the knockout. which means Fedor was a little bit more impressive that night.