UFC Reality TV

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'd definatly buy it :D I remember watching an hour long video of most of the Chute Boxe members training. It really opens your eyes :D

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I really liked the part on this episode where they showed the students sparring... and how Randy Couture discussed how sparring is done to help your partner and is done with light to medium contact ("just contact, not knock outs"). I liked seeing the guys working with eachother and using the sparring to set up combinations and try things out. It goes counter to many people's arguments about "MMA guys only spar full contact all of the time!" :rolleyes:

3. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

...which is usually said by someone who has no real idea of what full contact really means. ;)

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Or any real idea of MMA :)

5. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

While I agree Chris did make himself a target, Bobby and Josh took it too far. First of all, Bobby just insulted Chris about something that he can't help and that Bobby shouldn't even be talking about. Then when Chris tried to stay away from them to cool down and get some sleep, they go out there and mess with him some more. That's pretty messed up. Too bad Bobby is a LHW so they can't fight.

I wish they'd show more training, too. The next episode should be good. I wonder if Chris is going to stay at the house still.

6. Bhattman

Bhattman Valued Member

Which Sky channel are you guys in the UK receiving this program on?

7. Thomas

I think they should have them fight anyway... as an "exhibition" match... that would be one way to clear the air and see who is actually better and maybe give them a little respect for each other. Just because the actual sport restricts based on size now doesn't mean they couldn't let them go at it in the ring on the side!

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Good idea.

9. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

True, but Chris would be giving up 20 pounds and that could be used as an excuse if he lost (which I doubt he would).

I can't wait to see the Koscheck-Leben fight.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

All I gotta say is I can't wait! till next weeks episode :) Really looking forward to see this Leben vs Koscheck fight.

Koscheck looked kinda shocked, maybe alittle scared after he was told he would have to fight Leben :) If you ask me, Leben's got the upper hand on the mental battle.

Leben to win :D

11. Chris_sirhC

Chris_sirhC 6th Kyu, Yoshinkan Aikido

I have to aggree with Yukimushu...

When the annoucement was make Koscheck changed his outward attitude completely. He still tried to come off as being capable in regards to what he said but body language showed a complete and sudden loss of self consiousness. He looked a litte shocked and a little afraid. I thnk Leben is much better prepared mentally then Koscheck is.

I think Leben will take it. From what I've seen he is a much more well rounded fighter and in my opinion tends to put a lot more effort into his fights and training both. I'd be very surprised to see Koscheck win this one and I think even he knows it.

12. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Koscheck will tool Leben, most likely GnP to decision.

Koscheck's wrestling is amazing. Four time NCAA D1 All-American and 2001 national champ. Leben has more MMA experience, but from what I have seen from his fights he has a wide-open brawling style that will be exploited by Koscheck.

Leben can knock him out, he just won't.

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

my thoughts exactly, i think leben has the ability to knock him out, but koscheck is no idiot, he knows his strengths as well as Leben's he'll take it to the ground as soon as the door is locked. either GNP to descision or submission.

don't ask me why, but for some reason, i foresee cut stoppage.

14. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

has anyone noticed that leben looks like smegging lister?

15. Splush

Splush Valued Member

I hated Chris in the beginning of the show; no I've kind of warmed up to him. Bobby angered me when he made that father comment, if I were Chris I would have probably snapped right there.

From what I saw Leben is more experience. Personally I don’t care who is better, I don’t like Koscheck and I hope Chris wipes the floor wit him.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2005
  16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I think it's pretty much safe to say that most of us hated him at the beginning; :) especially after he took a leak on Jason's bed. He seems to have sorted his attitude out after very nearly been kicked off the show.

Yeah; i thought i was the only one who noticed the similarity :D

At the very beginning of Episode one; you see a few very short clips of the Leben vs Koscheck fight - Leben sprawling Koscheck's shoot; Leben landing some blows, and lebel landing even more blows - And one of Leben on his hands and knee's taking a heavy shot from Koscheck who's stood over him.

During the introduction where it's reeling through the characters; you see a short clip of Koscheck shouting at someone; with Chuck behind him, Herb Deane trying to calm Koscheck, and the red coat security stood in the Octagon as if something was happening.

Looks like it's going to be a good fight and I'm really looking forward to it. :D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  17. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

Can't stand both of them....

Agree that Koscheck looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he was told he'd be fighting Leben - so mental edge to Leben

Southworth needs a good slap...

18. Mawi

Mawi Banned Banned

Mrs. Owt And Tomas need to get a room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Tomas looking good lost some weight!!! :eek:

19. Splush

Splush Valued Member

Awsome! I can't wait!

20. Thomas

Not sure how to take this.... but thanks for the compliment on my appearance and all the love icons. I sure do respect Mrs. Owt and we have a pretty similar opinion on a lot of things, and we are married (to different people!)