UFC Reality TV

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah :D ive seen it already. And im jealous that he got that close to Joe Doerksen!

3. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

The show was okay but I'd rather see more of the training and less of the typical reality tv crap.

Yuki, do you have a clip of that Leben vs Doerksen fight you were talking about?

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I've got the whole fight, but it's a rather large 100mb file :D

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

That gym looks like heaven doesn't it! :D Definatly a place I'd love to go to when I die!

The first episode was really cool; though if you ask me, I'd say they've gotta get rid of that blonde, and have more Randy and Chuck instead. :D

6. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

The show is really looking up this week.

Southworth lost one of the challenges, therefore he had to choose a member of the other team to fight to keep his spot. He chose Lodune Sincaid, and Southworth had to cut 20 pounds in 24 hours to make weight. Needless to say, he had quite a bit of difficulty.

He finished Sincaid in round 2 via KO, and earned $5000 for his efforts.

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i was surprised with that fight. they are supposed to be the best in the country, but those 2 inparticular weren't very good at all. Southworth couldn't get off the cage to save his life, he also had multiple opeings for some knees that he just didn't throw. Lodune stepped right into that left right left combo. so sad.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i give that guy big kudos for cutting weight that quickly. that really is hell.

9. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

:D :D :D :D :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :D :)
    glad someone posted that. did u get it from the ultimate fighter site?

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

20lb's in 24 hours is alot to lose! Fair play to him for managing it... I look forward to watching this tonight :D

I also look forward to seeing Chris Leben fight as well. Whilst he seems to be abit of an idiot, he has that sheer determination to push himself which i admire.

12. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

I hate cutting weight. If my job required it I would (ie if I was a pro MMA fighter), but I train for fun so even in wrestling I wrestled at the weight I walk around at.

I've passed out before from being dehydrated (on Christmas eve :cry: ), and it wasn't exactly fun. Losing 20 pounds of water must have been horrible.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  13. Splush

Splush Valued Member

Well the show got me hooked on the UFC. Next time I go to blockbuster I am buying all the UFC fight tapes they have. :D

14. Jimmy Jitsu

Jimmy Jitsu Valued Member

Yip the SHow is Getting Better!

Without doubt the show is getting better. Good to actually see some action at last. After all who wants to see 16 blokes talking crap in the house, or carry people around in arm chairs. The last 20 mins were cool. Showing how hard it is for fighters to cut weight and a nice fight at the end. The dude was knocked out whilst still on his feet, excellent.

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Cutting weight looks like hell. The fight was a bit of a mismatch though, so I felt pretty sorry for Sincaid - the guy should be fighting at middleweight rather than chowing down on cakes and cookies and still not making 205 and Southworth's clearly a natural heavyweight. The combo that put Sincaid down was sweet though
    Anyone else think Dana's speech was a little over the top though? I can understand his emotions, but he came across like a potty-mouthed Vince McMahon to me. Still, it made for great TV

16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Yeah, Lodan just got KOed and eliminated.

Well, new episode coming up!!! It's great, both me and my friends love this show!!!!

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm really glad Sincaid won :) He definatly deserved to win that fight :)

Was that abit of spit that flew out of Lodan's mouth, or a tooth?

18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

You mean Southworth, right? :) He's seemed cool so far but this latest episode he got on my nerves a bit with the whining about the weight cutting, perhaps he was presented that way by the editing though. As for the flying object, it was the vaseline stuff they put on his cut in between rounds. Who's got too much free time?! :D :Angel: :D

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yes :) Southworth sorry. I knew his name began with an S lol :D

His whining about the weight cutting did get to me somewhat; made me wonder weather he wanted to fight or not. But then i've never had to cut so much weight as that, so i shall try hold my judgement :)

20. Mawi

Mawi Banned Banned

I want to be on that show would be fun..... I rather try K1 myslef thou i don't like to be on the ground sweety with men that isn't my idea of fighting or fun.... I want to meet Buakaw and Remy thats all mybe Cro Cop too.
    Pride is fun to watch, i hate UFC, i have nightmares of Tito's werid looking face....