UFC 80

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Jan 3, 2008.

1. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Oh and it was a clinic. Who knew that he had that in his repitoire?

2. nicolethai1

nicolethai1 Valued Member

He's been training with Chute Boxe and they're a great camp...

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I knew he had great kicks fron his last fight. I just was amaze at the power he had behind them. Out of all UFC/Pride fights I have watched, the kicks to the legs in this one are beautiful.

4. nicolethai1

nicolethai1 Valued Member

Yep, either Gonzaga got floored or visibly buckled every time. I loved to watch that, the kicks in UFC are usually only half-committed or they don't get the right torque to give much power. Werdum last night could actually be compared with some decent Muay Thai/K1 fights.

5. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Werdum I thought had been training at Chute Boxe, but it was Gonzaga who was flooring him with the leg kicks... :confused:

6. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

UFC 80 Results

Oh well - I was 5 for 9 on that one. I was surprised that Gozaga lost.

Thanks,
    Tom

7. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

You know what, I have always noticed watching BJJ Penn fights! That it seems to make me more aware of the ground fighting and fighting, it is like he is teaching even when he is fighting. Anyone else notice that?(not that i am his student)Just he seems to teach.

His moves even when fast are so precise.

8. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

3/5 is not bad

Grove losing 2 in a row is not good and I really do not see him as a contender any more, if he cannot cope with strikes from Rivera or Cote how the hell would he have a chance against Anderson Silva.

Marcus Davis needs to face some good competition now to see if he is ready for a title shot, I would like to see him face Parisyan, Jon Fitch or Koscheck.

Gonzaga started so well and those leg kicks where amazing but what happened to him :confused: It seemed like he gassed. Werdum did well and look forward to seeing him again in the future.

BJ Penn did what I expected but was a little annoyed with Stevenson as he looked so bad at striking that he was never able to do what he wanted. I would like to see Sherk and Penn fight as that would be good and a real test to see if Penn has got cardio these days.

Not a bad show overall.