UFC 78 Validation

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Davey Bones, Nov 18, 2007.

1. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

:D

2. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Yes, I imagine that it will be a cakewalk for Serra to dominate such an overrated wimp :rolleyes:

3. Grant86

Grant86 Valued Member

Hah.

That's not very respectful to one of the greatest UFC fighters in history.

4. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

pffft hughes will smash serra you guys wait and see. And wanderlei vs chuck....I don't know what to think, I really like chuck but I just can't see how he can beat wanderlei

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I really hope Serra wins so I can come back the day after and taunt you some more. Plus.. Hughes is an ****.

6. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

I dont disagree hughes is an ass but he's damn strong and I have faith he will smash serra.

7. Grant86

Grant86 Valued Member

win or lose, i'd still rather be trained by hughes.

:love:

8. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Hughes certainly is an all time great but he is fighting past his prime. My money is on Serra. :cool:

9. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Have you seen this season of TUF???

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

apparently not... Hughes ain't much of a coach. I'll take Serra in my corner any day.

11. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

From what I've seen this season on TUF, I wouldn't even shake Matt Hughes's hand much less be coached by him.

12. Journeyman

Journeyman Valued Member

Hughes and Serra are both a-holes. Hughes is a quiet one, and Serra is a loud-mouthed one. I'd rather be coached by Serra, but I think Hughes will win their fight. Actually, I'd rather be coached by neither of them.

13. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Not happening anytime soon. Serra had to withdraw due to an injury in training to his back. I was really looking forawrd to this fight too.....

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808

14. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

Blimey I thought this thread was meant to be about UFC 78 Validation :p

I thought it was an ok show and glad that it was free here in the UK. I couldn't believe that Lauzon's fight was not aired as his fights are always interesting imo. Bisping vs Rashad was ok and Bisping could have won it if he pushed rashad a bit more especially in the last round, I cannot wait to see Rashad get DESTROYED big time by Rampage. I hope Bisping moves to the middlewieght division now as I think he will have a better chance there.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

The consensus is that it sucked so bad we'd rather spend the next month discussing better cards.

awww, crap. :cry:

16. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Agreed they are both a holes. I would rather Serra as my corner guy since I could hear him and he is a very encouraging person. Hughes, just always looks disappointed. Though to be honest, in reality I think Serra is a little too cocky for someone who won the comeback show and managed to clip GSP on a bad night. I think Hughes would have dominated, and now unfortunatly we are not going to see it.

Honestly that fight night is for Chuck and Wandy though.

17. Grant86

Grant86 Valued Member

It's a cosmic - quantum physics thing.

The beating Hughes would've given to Serra was so intense that Serra's back is injured over a month before the fight.

but on a serious note, I hope he recovers soon. I really think it would've been a great fight. I can see Hughes going the extra yards with his preparation for the fight for some reason, even more so than for when he fights GSP again.

Also, I personally hate being injured - and I can't imagine how horrid a back injury would be to quality of life for the time he's injured.

Thanks Domino but I can talk for myself ;)

KempoFist Yeah I've seen this season of TUF. I've seen an admittedly extremely competitive person be extremely competitive. I think Hughes is extremely professional too.

18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

oh God, we better not get *another* GSP/Hughes matchup.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Worry not - I'd lay good money that there's no way Hughes would accept a match with GSP on 5 weeks notice, and probably vice versa
    Hughes probably won't wanna fight *anyone* except a total can in the time Serra's going to be healing up since if he loses/ gets injured, it's bye-bye title shot. Unless the UFC do another stupid interim title thing, Hughes probably won't fight until Serra's healed
    Yay, the welterweight division stays stagnant for even longer

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

you're wrong :cry:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8811

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111