Ufc 75

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Aug 30, 2007.

1. altitudes00

altitudes00 Valued Member

The bad thing is, I'm a big Bisping fan. I liked Hamil a lot on TUF too, but always thought Bisping was talented and had a good attitude. Now I'm kind of reconsidering, haha.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea i think his attitude made it soo much worse for everyone especially cause i think everyone saw how he shouldnt have won that fight

3. Holmes

Holmes Valued Member

everone lost that I wanted to win, Crocrop lost,Dan henderson lost, but I have to admit that rampage is a monster

4. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea i wanted to crocop to win also im suprised he just got pounded like that, but yea rampage is good hes got good explosive power even late in a fight, i think thats something that will win him fights

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Oh, my instructor and I were both fuming. Hamill was my pick, Bisping was his. Safe to say he did not count that one against my crap picks record last night.

OMG. It looked like (once again) cro cop didn't even want to be there. the "groundfighting" between him and Congo was downright embarassing.

I managed to go 0-6 :cry:

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I was utterly shocked at the Bisping-Hamil decision. Bisping got a huge gift from the judges. This one was even worse than Bonner-Jardine. I even picked Bisping but thought he got totally dominated.

As far as the rest, I did have the sense to pick both Houston Alexander and Marcus Davis. Houston Alexander is a monster. I can't wait to see where this guy goes next.

7. slacker6

slacker6 New Member

Very disappointed in Cro-Cop. I'm afraid that may be it for him in UFC. I wouldn't ming seeing him back in K1 or something as I think it's better suited for his style. I really hate seeing someone that has been very good in the past just fail to do ANYTHING in the present. He looked disinterested an unfocused.

Hamill got robbed and Bisping is an absolute a$$.

Houston destroyed that Italian guy.

Rampage is better than I thought. Just a really strong, mean guy. I noticed as the ref was reading rules to Rampage/Henderson that Henderson was kind of smiling and maybe tried to joke around a bit. Not sure he was in the same frame of mind as Rampage who was intense and focused.

Rampage was pretty funny is the post-fight as well.

8. spirez

spirez Valued Member

I thought Bisping was lucky but the judge that scored it 30-27 Hamill was an idiot.

Bisping clearly won round three, Hamill clearly won round one. Round two was the deciding factor and was close in my opinion.

The judges have been crap recently though. I mean how Guida lost the decision to Griffin was beyond me, but for him to then go on and only win by split decision after clearly beating Aurelio was the icing on the cake.

Conclusion? 10 point must sucks for MMA.

Cro Cop looked awful again, what is wrong with him? He got bullied by Kongo.

Marcus Davis deserves to fight top opposition now in WW, he deserves it after coming back from that kick.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Although we were clapping we were also shaking our heads at that decision.
    Hamill definatly won Rd 1 and Bisping Rd3, R2 was really close. I want to watch it again on DVD or something to get a better look.
    I was sitting in Row T, so not too far but far enough not to see everything.
    Matt Hamill has improved his game so much. His striking had everyone's jaw dropping not just Bisping, who was getting hit left right and centre.

I was quite dissapointed with the whole unification belt thing. They been building this up for so long and everyone in the MMA world knows this is huge...but in the end they just passed this off as a normal win.
    The Pride belt wasn't even handled and Rampage wasn't even strapped with it till halfway through Rogan's interview.

Still.....one hell of night though. :D GSP, Randy and Vera was in the house.
    Anyone else bump into Mayehm Miller in North Greenwich station?
    That was cool

10. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Obviously I am not alone in my thoughts.
    I did really enjoy the 1st 2 fights, they were exciting.

Crocop, is a beaten man. I actually was surpised at the size difference between them Kongo is a big man. Kongo beat him stupid and Crocop didn't even show up.

Hamill won that fight and Bisping should have shown more class. Considering I am a fan of the count, that put me off and now I hope they fight again and Hamill beat him up more. Maybe this time the fight in the states.

I thought the Rampage Hendo fight was pretty good and could have gone either way. Winner is a winner both are great fighters

11. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I enjoyed the fight card pretty well, good overall.

-The Bisping-Hamill decision was crazy. Hamill dominated him standing up and on the ground but Bisping gets the win?????? Maybe they wanted to avoid MMA-hooliganism there. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, Bisping's post fight interview mad eme laugh at how pathetic it was. At least Hamill showed some class even though he looked confused at how he lost too.

-I was disappointed with Cro-Cop (again)... his matches in UFC have been a big let down and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires. I am sad though because I think his showings in the UFC probably make people wonder why he has such a great reputation (for those who didn't follow him before). I'm not a big fan of Kongo either and I sort of hope neither Cro-Cop nopr Kongo get a title shot in the near future.

-I liked the Rampage vs Henderson fight. I was worried that Henderson would come in rusty like the other PRIDE guys did and just get pounded but he put up a good fight and even though I picked Rampage, I wouldn't have been too mad if the decision went the other way.

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

This is the sad problem of using boxing judges to score MMA fights. One mag just ran a story on it; NJ is the only state athletic commission to require MMA judges to go through MMA-specific training; the rest rely on boxing judges, most of whom know squat about MMA. Hence decisions which make you go "WTF?!?"

13. altitudes00

I never knew that. I always assumed that they had specific MMA judges, at least I thought it was common sense.

Well, at least it makes a little sense now. But still, even a boxing judge could have seen Hamil dominated Bisping with stand up and ground.

14. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Well to play devil's advocate, even though Hamill did dominate the first and second rounds in the stand up game, he could have overwhelmingly made it unanimous in his favor had he continued to ground and pound Bisping when he took him down countless times rather than let him up and continue to play to Bisping's strong suit. Even though Hamill was throwing shots at Bisping many missed its target, while many of Bisping's shots were blocked rather well by Hamill, those that got in landed cleaner.

15. altitudes00

I agree about his wrestling. It drove me nuts every time he LET Bisping up, especially in the 3rd when Bisping settled into his game. I didn't understand it, but I guess he wanted to stand. Even if it was a bad decision, it still shows that he was in control of the fight.

Also, Hamil didn't do a whole lot on the ground once they were down there. But, he still did a hell of a lot more than Bisping did during the fight.

16. spirez

spirez Valued Member

That would be down to Larry Hazard . He's the man!

17. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

Well I was impressed with Matt Hamill and thought he deserved to win even though I am a big Bisping fan. In the corner for the last time you could see bisping was frustrated when he swore at his corner man, I think Bisping was seriuosly thrown off by Matt Hamills stand up fighting. I think they should have a rematch.

I was right I thought Kongo would beat Cro Crop and he did, I did also think that Kongo would try a little ground game to make sure he got the win.

Rampage looked good and as long as he trains properly and goes in with the right game plan then he will be very hard to beat.

Pretty good show but disappointed with the Bisping/Hamill fight.

18. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Pretty good fights overall.

I was surprised they didn't stop the Davis-Taylor fight after that head kick/GNP work. Both guys were impressive. I liked Davis's head movement and Taylor's combos. Good fight.

Alexander is starting to look like a really scarry dude. He's got KO power and is a monster fighting on the inside. He looked kinda tight & tense, though. I'd be interested in seeing how he does against a guy who can take him down or keep the fight on the outside.

Crocop's a disappointment. He wasn't setting anything up, wasn't throwing combos, just looking for one big shot. I think after he couldn't do that in R1, Kongo felt he had nothing to worry about. And as it turned out, he didn't. And where was Crocop's legendary takedown defense when Kongo, who's only had a grappling game for, what, a month or two? can take him down? It's almost like Mirko's been replaced by a slower, suckier clone or something. To his credit, Kongo's a big powerful guy who's got some good knees (albeit illegal ones sometimes), who's not afraid to try out a new skill. Hope he keeps training with Rampage & Co.

Can't say anything about the Bisping-Hamill fight that hasn't been said already. I think Domino was right about the boxing judges. That's the only possible way that fight could have been scored in favor of Bisping. And I'm not a hater, I like the guy, but I can't justify him winning that match.

Nice main event. Not as exciting as I was expecting, but definitely a war. I was surprised at how much of it took place on the mat. Jackson looks as impressive as he ever has. I hope Hendo goes down to MW. As an aside, I do with they'd hyped up the importance of the match a bit more, but that's just me.

19. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

As they were reading the scores, he said "and Judge Cecil Peoples scores it..." I knew the fix was in!

I used to be a big boxing fan, and EVERY TIME it seemed to me that a fight was FIXED, there was Cecil.

I wonder if he was a judge for Ortiz v Griffen?

20. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

abe belardo: 30 27 ortiz
    hector hernandez: 29 28 griffin
    cecil peoples 29 27 ortiz