Ufc 75

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

O2 Arena, London, September 8
    Here is the card & my picks:

Quinton Jackson v Dan Henderson - Jackson
    Matt Hamill v Michael Bisping - Bisping
    Mirko Cro Cop v Cheick Kongo – Cro Cop
    Houston Alexander v Alessio Sakara - Sakara
    Tomasz Drwal v Thiago Silva - Silva
    Gleison Tibau v Terry Etim - Etim
    Naoyuki Kotani v Dennis Siver - Kotani

Thanks,
    Tom

2. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I agree with all your picks but I think Hendo will take it as well as Alexander.

3. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

I wanted to go to this, and crash with people i know in London, but lacked funds. Just learnt my mates older sister is going.
    Looks good.

4. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Henderson
    Bisping
    Cro Cop
    Alexander
    Silva
    Etim
    Kotani

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Moved to Fight Discussions - again. Tom, please make the effort to post your fight card threads in the appropriate forum. Thanks
    I was going to go to this, but ticket prices were extortionate, so I'll be catching the PPV

6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

HAHA! We're getting this free in the states :D

anyway, the only two predictions I'll make are Henderson and Cro Cop (if he actually wakes the hell up this time around).

7. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

The LHW's an interesting matchup. Hendo's proven to me that he's a tough fight for just about anyone. Jackson is probably the stronger of the two, and he's a beast when he's on. In retrospect, it's a little odd that these two didn't fight in Pride at some point. Tough pick, but I'm gonna go with Henderson just 'cause he seems very good at beating the odds. I'm expecting this one to end in a KO.

Here's hoping Crocop can get back on track. Sounds like he's preparing for a kickboxing war.

I think Bisping's got what it takes to put away Hamill, unless Matt has magically developed competent striking or a ground game. At any rate, if Michael wins, odds are it'll be exciting, while Hamill typically wrestles his way to a boring descission.

Others really aren't on my radar, but Alexander-Sakara looks promising. And probably short.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Cro cop is going to toss kongo into a damn blender, and henderson wont be a walkthrough by any means.

9. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

How much and where is the PPV do you know? If it's via Sky or anything I might have a night of UFCing and drinking!

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

If it's like last time it'll be £14.99 via Setanta (which you can order with your Sky box same way as you would with a Box Office film or something). To confirm, check the myriad of ads for it on Bravo

11. spirez

spirez Valued Member

Anyone know if the Setanta on freeview will be airing it?I know its still PPV but easn't sure if it there is more than one Setanta on sky?

12. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

i think henderson is taking the title, i dont think sakara stands a chance against alexander, i would rather pay paperview than have to watch it for free on spike, all the commercials only leaves time for about three fights.

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Henderson vs Rampage is a very tough one to call but I think Rampare will take it, quite possibly via decision. I wouldn't bet money on it though, Henderson is always dangerous.

I really hope Cro Cop fights well, win or lose. I won't be happy if he wins but still doesn't look sharp, that'll mean to me that he'll never regain his top form. His injuries might not be healed enough for that..

14. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

that'll be crazy if henderson wins. he'll be the PRIDE and UFC LHW(MW) champ, PRIDE welterweight champ, & he might as well challenge Anderson Silva to take the middleweight title also. get 4 belts. that'll be awesome :D . i doubt Dana White would let him do that though :p

15. Toddryavenger

Toddryavenger New Member

This is going to be crazy. It's going to start soon. Lots of great fighters on card tonight.

16. altitudes00

altitudes00 Valued Member

****SPOILER:(kind of)

Please tell me I'm not the only one shocked at the Bisping/Hamil decision.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  17. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Yeah, that was bad.

Despite Hamils entrance, even the british fans were booing bisping.

I mean what was that?

I hope Hamil gets motivated and trains like an animal and goes forth stronger.

18. altitudes00

altitudes00 Valued Member

Bisping wasn't even humble about, which made it 10x worse. Hamil definitely showed more class even after being robbed.

19. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea that decision was horrible, hamil i thought completely dominated 2 rounds,the only round that was close was the third and i still would give it to hamil, that decision was really irritating to me

20. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

definatly, but u could tell Hamil didnt see how they made that decision