UFC 60 card

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Sever, May 10, 2006.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

-Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie: We've got a whole thread on this one. I still say Hughes by decision

-Brandon Vera vs. Assuerio Silva: this has fight of the night all over it

-Diego Sanchez vs. John Alessio: This looks like another fight to make Sanchez look good. Alessio should be able to make a fight of it though

-Joe Riggs vs. Mike Swick: this one could be pretty good, be over pretty quick if Riggs connects though. It's good to see him going back up to 185

-Jeremy Horn vs. Chael Sonnen: Could be a great technical ground war, could be a yawn fest where Sonnen holds Horn down grinding out a decision

-Alessio Sakara vs. Dean Lister: I like watching both guys fight. I haven't seen much of Sakara's takedown defence but if he can keep it on the feet, Lister's getting beat up, if it goes to the ground, it's going Lister's way

-Melvin Guillard vs. Rick Davis: Don't care. At all

-Spencer Fisher vs. Leonard Garcia: I don't know much about either of these guys, to be honest. Could be a good match, could suck

-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabiano Scherner: OK, I'll admit to being at a complete loss as to why Gonzaga's got another match after the awful snooze-fest that was his last "fight" with Kevin Jordan. I haven't seen a match that dull since Shamrock and Severn danced around for half an hour. I really hope this match is better

2. philp

philp New Member

looks to me like being 50% snoreathons, 50% pure awesomeness :)

We'll see though, I have a horrible feeling the Gracie - Hughes match is going to be a bit of a letdown, but there's a whole thread on that so I won't go into it.

I'm particularly looking forward to Vera - Silva....could be pretty special.

3. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie: Hughes is going to pound him, it won't reach the third round

Brandon Vera vs. Assuerio Silva: A great match-up, I will go with Vera because I need to pick someone

-Diego Sanchez vs. John Alessio: Diego, he wouldnt be matched against someone he would lose too.

-Joe Riggs vs. Mike Swick: Not sure, Swick is supposed to be good but Riggs has great power. I will go with Swick simply because he seems like an underdog(maybe he isn't)

-Jeremy Horn vs. Chael Sonnen: Going to be the letdown fight.

-Alessio Sakara vs. Dean Lister: No idea, Lister because I have heard of him

-Melvin Guillard vs. Rick Davis: Davis, Melvin doesn't impress me at all.

-Spencer Fisher vs. Leonard Garcia: Fisher because I have heard of him

-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabiano Scherner: Scherner because from your description I don't want Gabriel to win

And those are my completely scientific picks.

4. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Riggs is definitely a tough guy and I like anybody who beats Nick Diaz. I gotta go with Swick though. I do believe this will go longer than Swick's other fights. It could actually end up as one of the best matches of the night.

5. Pacer_3

Pacer_3 New Member

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie: Hughes, TKO round 4 GNP

Brandon Vera vs. Assuerio Silva: Vera KO 2nd round

Diego Sanchez vs. John Alessio: I hope Diego gets shocked, but not likely. Submission for Diego in early 2nd round

Joe Riggs vs. Mike Swick: Swick by submission late 1st round

Alessio Sakara vs. Dean Lister: Lister by submission 3rd round

Melvin Guillard vs. Rick Davis: Why does Melvin get this shot? Why not someone that actually did well on the show? Davis by decision

Spencer Fisher vs. Leonard Garcia:
    Fisher by KO in 1st

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabiano Scherner: Scherner who cares how or when

6. Bhattman

Bhattman Valued Member

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie: Gracie, Submission, Round 3. Come on Royce!!!!! (Btw, to Pacer, this is only a 3 round fight because it is not a title fight)

Brandon Vera vs. Assuerio Silva: Vera, KO, Round 2. Yeah, this fight has great potential. Should be a war.

Diego Sanchez vs. John Alessio: Sanchez, Decision, Round 3. Yeah, Sanchez is favourite, but I think a lot of people are underestimating Alessio - after all he is a KOTC vet (and I think champion).

Joe Riggs vs. Mike Swick: Riggs, Submission, Round 2. I think Swick hasn't really been tested yet, so I'm gonna go with the power of Riggs.

Alessio Sakara vs. Dean Lister: Sakara, KO, Round 2. I really think Sakara is the next big thing in the UFC LW division. He has been working on his ground game (he is good friends with the Nog brothers) so I think he could suvive on the ground. The same could not be said with Lister standing though.

Melvin Guillard vs. Rick Davis: Guillard, Submission, Round 2. I think the UFC think that Guillard has a lot of potential, and so are giving him a shot.

Spencer Fisher vs. Leonard Garcia: Fisher, KO, Round 1.

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabiano Scherner: Gonzaga, Submission, Round 2. I think you guys are being a bit harsh to Gonzaga. Yeah his first fight was a snooze fest, but he had to deal with a personal tragedy just before (one of his twin daughters passed away) and understandably he hadn't been training like he should have. But he has admitted that, and said he is training 100% for this one, so I think we should give him another chance to prove himself.

7. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

[EXPAND="Results"]Well ok, I went 6/8 with the 1 fight I didn't predict being the one not shown.

Was very wrong about Melvin, same with Sherner.

Dean Lister is a god on the ground, Matt Hughes dominates, Swick and Vera are very impressive.[/EXPAND]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  8. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

[EXPAND="Spoilers"]EXTREMELY dissapointed in silva getting tapped by that guillotine.

After seeing the Gracie fight, he couldn't have realistically been expecting to win that fight, he wasn't close at any point. IMO, he just wanted some money.

Melvin's performance was awesome although I don't know about his "wrestlers rule" comment.

Fisher's flying knee was an awesome KO.

Not a GREAT card but I definetely wasn't dissapointed in the fights, I just can't wait until someone knocks vera out, he bothers me.[/EXPAND]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Just a quick note, guys - the card doesn't air in the UK until tonight and a few other countries are on delay too. Please use the spoiler tags :)

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Sorry again guys, got over excited and forgot about the time difference.

11. Pacer_3

Pacer_3 New Member

typo...I meant to say round 3 but didn't catch it in time.