Ufc 59

Discussion in 'MMA' started by DL.Demolition, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DL.Demolition

DL.Demolition New Member

What did you all think then?

I was loving the Tito Forrest first round. On the edge of my seat thinking that the good old days for Tito where coming back and then had my head in my hands for round two and three.

Disapointed in the Arlovski fight I think he took his eye off the ball.

The heavyweight division is anyones for the taking now. All it takes is one punch or one mistake and its all over.

2. I thought the whole fight was good personally. But yeah, first round was the best :) Spent most of the fight laughing at Griffin's obvious hyperactivity disorder.

I still think Arlovski would beat Sylvia next time, to be perfectly honest. The whole division is a jumble

3. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I loved the Ortiz v Griffin fight. I thought Ortiz won, but I thought the scores were wrong. I think it should have been 29-28 across the board. I don't see how anyone could have given the second roung to Ortiz. Forest hit him with a number of great strikes ans stopped every takedown attempt.

I thought the Arlovski-Sylvia fight was awesome. Unfortunatly Heavyweight fights are almost always going to be short I think if they're any good. The HW's hit too hard for anyone to take a serious beating. Usually if a HW fight goes the distance, it's because it's a boring fight. I think they next one will go to Arlovski though. I honestly think he got sloppy after knocking Sylvia down that first time. He won't make that mistake again.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

To be honest, every time Arlovski's lost, it's been for the same reason - he's tagged someone, got a little eager and been hit with a big shot - happened with Rizzo, happened with Rodriguez (apparently, I've never been able to find that fight) and it happened with Datsik too. He should've fought Sylvia like he did Eilers - just pick him apart. He'll win the rematch though, I'd bet JCH's liver on it :p

5. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

It was good event but I dont know about the judges decisions I mean what did people think of the diaz VS sheark fight? I honestly thought diaz won that fight cause sean got reversed nearly every take down he did or just couldnt take him down.

6. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Diaz was robbed!

The money was on Tito, the fix was in.

We are they going to stop using boxing judges and get some judges who know the sport? Cecil Peoples sees a guy on his back and thinks he's losing. That is, when he hasn't been paid to think a certain way.

I've got a technicla question about a move Nick Diaz was using. When he was standingin the clinch he was reaching down to get the guys leg. What was he trying to do there?

7. Thanks man! :D

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Any time :D

9. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Diaz gets credit for stuffing Sherk's takedowns, but let's be honest, Sherk landed 3-4 shots for every 1 that Diaz threw. You don't get points for stopping a takedown, just like you dont get points for blocking a punch. Good decision.

I also think Griffin deserved the win for reasons similar to the Diaz/Sherk fight. Griffin landed more shots in the 3rd than Ortiz, and although Ortiz scored one takedown, I dont think it negates Griffin's success in the standup.

10. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Glad some one agrees, they called that move a "switch" its a wrestling move Its a reversal where you can reverse and take them down unless they stop and dont take you down(which is what happened). At least this is what I think never done wrestling myself just what a now from fights and instructionals.

11. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Yeah but this is the problem I say your right but diaz landed cleaner, better, and more powerful shots. I mean at the end when joe rogan is interviewing sean his mouth is full of blood, hes got a cut on his lip and his face is red. And diaz face looked fine to me therfore I say diaz.

But I agree with you for Griffin fight I thought he won that too :bang:

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.