UFC 194

Discussion in 'MMA' started by belltoller, Dec 10, 2015.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I don't know what's more amasing - the upcoming 194's card or the fact that no one's been discussing it here. What a jaded lot we are.

For the small handful on the forum who keep up with pro-MMA, any bold predictions? What's the consensus for this (Thursday, Friday and) Saturday?

Given that the entertainment value of a UFC fight is usually governed by E= (1/h), where h = hype and E = exciting, I'm thinking that the Edgar/Mendes* fight might be the sleeping giant of the (TUF Finale / 194 cards because it has been virtually ignored.

Thoughts...predictions?

* Which might well be eclipsed by Weidman/Rockhold

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

I predict massive amounts of bickering online after the event :p

3. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Isn't Edgar/Mendes on a separate card?

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I am unable to watch it therefore the whole event is dead to me

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Can't wait. Got £20 on Aldo so naturally Conor will win. I can't call any of these fights, they are all so close. Really hope Phister puts a hole in Sage. For no other reason than I hate poster boys and I'm jealous of everything about that kid.

6. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Maia vs Nelson could be epic or it could be a chess game between 2 master grapplers. Like everything else on the card it's hard to call but I think Nelson will win.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Or an epic chessgame between two masters..........

Nelson by mounted guiloteen.

Connor by force of will!

Although nothing is certain at these levels.

edit
    I forgot about the TUF final too,

(edited)

PLUS, Vanzant vs Rose, and edgar vs mendes will be great.

so yea, good, good cards

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  8. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

DP

It hasnt aired here yet !!!!!

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

errrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sorry, but in my defense... its soooo not what you think.

10. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

It has now !!!

As you said what a shame ...

But you have to abide by the rules or them there rules bites you ...

Should be a good fight ..Artem will win by KO

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The evil part of me that just wants to watch the world burn thinks Aldo will kick one of Conor's dodgy knees into early retirement and McGregor will become the enigma that never was.
    Or...Aldo will batter him for a couple of rounds before Conor lands one of his laser lefts, wins and then becomes master of the universe.

12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Connor (seems) to have more cardio than Aldo, who is not known to last well with long fights. And he has been on a long lay-off compared to an active Connor, history has taught us that it doesn't bode well for the champions.

Weidman/Rockhold. Not a fan of either really, but it might be the more exciting fight out of the 2.

13. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

The evil Sith part of me would like to see Connor get taken out, just to see what UFC will do now that their poster boy & girl are not the perfect dream anymore.

But I like McGreggor somewhat.. his big mouth is getting tiresome, but he can be entertaining sometimes too.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I must be in the same Sith order as you. :)
    See Aldo boot Conor into injury retirement and then stick a middle finger up to the UFC over his treatment and then jump ship to Bellator ASAP.

15. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think it's one of those things that depends on a series of what ifs.
    Everyone just remembers Homineck's giant haematoma and forgets that against an accomplished striker Aldo seriously struggled to impose his will on the fight, certainly not in the way he had been and has done since. Homineck's big downfall was his movement wasn't that great, but is certainly not an accusation that can be levelled at Connor.
    However Connor will really need to take his chances, so the question is are his hands heavy enough against a dangerous striker who he's not overwhelming?

16. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Well... I had a feeling it would be a short night but not that short!! Really feel for him though. Also what the hell was Weidman thinking with that kick??

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Best. Night. Ever.

18. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Good lad Chadders I knew you'd be up and watching! I have to go to work now, sadly! :(

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Oh look a post fight interview with Yoel Romero....MUTE!
    Maia put on a jits clinic on someone that's very good at jits himself. Damn son.
    Glad Weidman lost. Always seemed like an awkward looking fighter to me. Threw a green belt level spin kick and got mauled by the beautiful Rockhold.
    I think Conors got about the best left hand in mma. So long as he has that he can probably starch almost anyone under 200lbs.

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Just seen the fight and Aldo was sucked into throwing his right.

I liked Conor's slightly outstretched right, followed by a kick to Aldo's left thigh. It switched off Aldo's lead and coaxed him into throwing the right.

Really simple, but oh so effective.