UFC 193

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Van Zandt, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

HOLM JUST KO'D ROUSEY!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

I remember taking a whole lot of crap around here about saying that Holm had a chance. I went from sitting on my couch to getting up and walking right up to my computer desk I was watching from before the first round was over. I literally shouted out loud "Holy crap!" after the round was over and the excitement of the realization that what I had predicted had a very good chance of coming true sank in. Then as the second round came around my predictions came almost completely true to the last detail. So after Rousey was made to look like the complete hack in the boxing and boxing defense realm I always knew she was and then knocked right out with a head kick exactly as I suspected I for the first time since I was a kid watching football stood up out of my chair and shouted. I had a feeling Greg Jackson and that fight team was going to figure out a way to handle it. And I knew Rousey was going to be exposed. Edmond's bravado and stupidity finally caught up to Rousey. Rousey winning an Olympic Gold Medal in boxing? Rousey defeating Holly Holm in a boxing match? I knew it was ridiculous and I was astounded at how many people bought the hype and arrogantly spat at me about it when I brought it up. I was thinking of searching the internet for Crow recipes so they can eat that crow in a tasty and satisfying fashion.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Never, in the course of human events, have I ever been so wrong about an outcome.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Watching the press conference right now. Dana White sounds REALLY depressed!

Combat sports you nailed it.

I didn't think Holm stood a chance whatsoever. I am in shock. Congrats to Holm. It will be very interesting to see what Rousey does next.

5. holyheadjch

The Women's Bantamweight division just got a million times more interesting.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

respectfully eating crow here. It tastes so good. Glad she lost. For no other reason than I'm sick of her being thrust down my throat all the time. Willing to vet HH doesn't get nearly as much exposure though.

7. holyheadjch

I want Holm v Tate! This is Miesha's chance. Quick! Before Ronda find a real camp to train with!

8. Combat Sports

I completely agree. And what's more, Tate deserves it after the runaround they gave her.

9. Combat Sports

I also have to say that this confirms my theories about what would of happened in the Cyborg match up. If Rousey's chin couldn't keep up with Holly Holm who was being cautious in her punching there is no way on this earth that Rousey's chin was going to hold up to Cyborg. And Cyborg has a proven BJJ pedigree (Wins 1st place at BJJ Worlds) to fall back on that Holly doesn't have. This was a serious exposure. I don't see any point in the Cyborg fight now.

10. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I'm a bit sick of it too....and i don't watch MMA!! Its pretty hard to avoid.

11. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I manage it without trying.

12. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

You're awesome :p

13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Gassed and lost her cool. One of the downsides of winning so many fights in under 2 minutes. Very smart fight from Holm and she fixed her front leg issue which was her main vulnerability.
    All the chatter around Ronda's camp in recent weeks seems to have had some truth, she really didn't look herself when she stepped in the ring.

14. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

As someone who recorded this last night, was hugely disappointed when I scrolled over the title of this on the home page and completely ruined the match for me. :( (The spoiler tags didn't work.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've now fixed that. Sorry it's shutting the barn door after the horse bolted, but thank you for making us aware.

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sorry mate. I did insert the spoiler tags and it appeared to be work on my phone. Apologies again, thanks for fixing Simon fwiw.

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Some of ya'll owe me some fivers...

Will do full analysis later..

18. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I think
    I both owe a fiver and UC an apology, think we saw the value of a great coaching set-up and the dangers of a great athlete working with mediocre coaches who she likes

Something wasn't right with RR her fitness and striking looked way off, and got lit up like a Xmas tree, didn't seem to know how to walk an opponent down just ran after her like a headless newbie, HH owned her all ends up

19. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Good to see her put in Her place, bad attitude and sportsmanship, Danny is sad loosing his cash cow show woman., she should not have been put where she was to begin with, big racket.

20. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Mine was only a sig bet- which I don't recall you shaking on :p