UFC 185 lightweight title bout

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by qazaqwe, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Well, damn.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

gazaqwe, you'll have to add a little more information than that please.

At the moment you're just "Junk Posting".

4.7 "Junk" Posting:
    "Junk" posts are posts that do not add to the overall positive content in threads, or are postings solely for the purpose of boosting your post count. A good example of this can be found in threads asking for information on a topic for which you have no answer and does not inquire directly (by name) of you to answer. If you were to reply to this thread by saying, "Nope, I have no information", this is a junk post. There is no reason to comment because your silence is as good as saying you do not have any information to contribute. If they are asking you personally (by name) though, please do feel free to reply regardless of whether you have the answer or not. Many people judge member’s credibility based on post count, so we ask that you obtain your post count legitimately. Furthermore, junk posts add up over time and waste server space and ISP bandwidth unnecessarily.

3. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

I think he's just trying to avoid spoilers and for the record...

I agree with gazaque.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

We have a spoiler button both of you could use. Or I can delete the thread :p

5. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I didn't really think there was much more to add, without getting specific, i was more lost for words than anything else, kinda wanted to just get the ball rolling with anyone who'd seen it.

6. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

Or considering the results were already plastered all over the front page of yahoo before the OP, you could have a serious look at the inanity that is the requirement for a spoiler button in an mma sub forum.

It's an annoying step to go through, it's annoying to read a thread that way and mostly just serves to stifle the conversation about events on this forum which in my opinion has more thoughtful, intelligent posters on the whole than, say, sherdog where you have to wade through a lot of crap to get to interesting thoughts and fight analysis.

7. Southpaw535

It's one extra button press, we're not asking for the sun. The requirement was discussed after the last event and it was decided that we're keeping it. Them's the breaks basically.

So does anyone want to discuss the fight or can I close this thread?

8. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

Close it. Not worth the trouble.

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Do you need your ball back or can we just play with it for a little while? :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  10. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Well, technically speaking, i think the biggest story of the fight is how fighters who tend to rely on unorthodox striking wilt when they are not given space, but more to the point, how bad must have Pettis' ribs felt after all those kicks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  11. MaxSmith

MaxSmith Valued Member

If by playing you mean adding something relevant to the conversation then by all means go right ahead.

No one else has bothered...

I wonder why...

12. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Give it time, he's still in shock :)

13. Southpaw535

Productive thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.